Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

The sort by option: Subject does not work in Webmail

tgordon2
tgordon2 Posts: 34 Participant
edited August 28 in Email

Here's a screenshot of an example

Edit: This was the result of a search (for the sender). I subsequently discovered that the sort on subject works on a "normal" view in webmail. This still seems like a bug, but it is limited to search results

Best Answer

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @tgordon2, sorry for the confusion. I can confirm it functions identically on my end but it looks like if you select your desired sort by first, and then search, it should remain sorted in that order.

Answers

• tgordon2

William, I think I'm misunderstanding your post. It appears that you are saying that if I change the sort order to By Subject and then do the search, the search results will then be sorted by subject. I tried this and it didn't work. The search results reverted to the default sort order (New to old). When the search results time out, the emails are sorted by subject.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I believe you are understanding me correctly. Are you waiting for the sort to completely finish before doing your search? What do you mean by the search results time out?

• tgordon2

You: Are you waiting for the sort to completely finish before doing your search?
    Me: Yes. It takes a while for the sort to complete when I'm in my inbox,but I can tell when it's done.

You: What do you mean by the search results time out?
    Me: Whenever I do a search, the search results are displayed, but after a minute or 2, the original email list is restored. I can accomplish this sooner by clicking on "Get email"

This discussion has been closed.