Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Comet Channel Movies Missing From Spectrum Guide Keyboard Search (Bug)

Satch
Satch Posts: 5,662 Contributor
edited August 28 in Channels and Programming

Spectrum Guide Feedback (On Traditional Arris 210 DVR)

While the Comet Channel correctly shows all movies when searching for the shows by browsing through the Time Grid on Spectrum Guide, Comet Movies are missing from the keyboard. Examples as of July 13, 2024. include The Terminator and Species). However, these movies show up properly on other channels in the keyboard search. Note that Comet Show TV series show up with no issues in the search. Only movies on the Comet Channel are affected.

For easy reference, I have provided a link to Comet Channel's movies page to test this:

https://comettv.com/movies/

Satch

Comments

• Satch

Update,

To isolate the issue, I also searched for some known Comet Channel movies at Spectrum.net and they come up fine. The issue with Comet channel movies missing is only with Spectrum Guide keyboard searches for them.

Satch

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,287 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hey @Satch, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

By keyboard are you just referring to the search function or is that something different? Have you replicated this on more than one receiver?

• Satch
    edited July 17

Good Evening William,

I am referring to the search keyboard on the Spectrum Guide cable box when you press the magnifying glass or select search from the main menu on the guide. While TV shows and series on the Comet Channel show in search results when using the keyboard,Comet channel movies do not show in search results. You have to browse the Time Grid and go to the Comet Channel listings to see what is showing, set up recordings if you have DVR service (etc.)

I only have one receiver to test. My older Cisco 9865 DVR that ran the ODN Guide did not have this problem. I no longer have the Cisco box. It died after about six years.

The image below is the keyboard that I am talking about:

Satch

This discussion has been closed.