Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

MGM+ Drive Inn Programing Missing From Spectrum Guide Cable Box Keyboard Search

Satch
Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor

Sup?

I am a huge fan of 70's-80's movies! I love MGM+ Drive Inn. The issue is that the channel's movie titles are missing from the Spectrum Guide keyboard search on the cable box (Arris 210) All of the other MGM channels show correctly in the search, except for MGM+ Drive Inn.

Satch

Comments

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 911 Contributor

Hey, Satch, i can't replicate that idiosyncrasy so maybe it's been resolved or is a regional thing but, for example, "At First Sight": whether i hit that up from the schedule grid or search it up and hit the movie result, either way, there it is and when i hit MORE WAYS TO WATCH, there they are: MGM+ on-demand, MGM+ MARQUEE on 9/4, and MGM+ DRIVE-IN on 9/11.

• Satch
    edited August 30

Nope,

I tried "At First Sight" showing on MGM+ On Demand and MGM Marquee. This might be a regional issue. or the update has not hit my box/area yet. I also looked up "My Left Foot." that is shows MGM+ On Demand only (Two separate listings MGM+ On Demand on both) I am in Metro-Milwaukee Wisconsin.

I think that one problem is that in several keyboard search listings for MGM+ On Demand under "More Ways to Watch," MGM+ On Demand is listed twice in search were "MGM+ Drive Inn" is supposed to be one of those listings.

On another MGM+ note, I saw the movie "Lawman" was playing on MGM+ Drive Inn in the Channel Guide Time Grid. But it is not in the "More Ways to Watch" option at all. Just "Watch" and "Add to Watch List."

MGM+ Search Listing data in my area is incomplete.

Satch

• Satch

Guys,

Here is some information: Spectrum Guide- Arris 210 DVR

System Information: Software Version: 30.1:137

Firmware: V 50838089

Satch

• HT_Greenfield

Hey, Satch, since this is apparently a regional thing, just curious if it could furthermore be a regional SD versus HD thing. I remember you reported the same idiosyncrasy with your local Comet simulcast. Do you have the same idiosyncrasy with FLIX? If not, i guess not.

• Satch
    edited August 30

Hey, Satch, since this is apparently a regional thing, just curious if it could furthermore be a regional SD versus HD thing. I remember you reported the same idiosyncrasy with your local Comet simulcast. Do you have the same idiosyncrasy with FLIX? If not, i guess not.

Hey,

There's a faint bell ringing that says I do. But I haven't looked into Flix in depth. Is your Flix broadcast in HD? Yea, I remember the same issue with Comet movie searching. I think last time I searched for a Comet movie via the keyboard it was there. This was about 3-4 weeks after I reported the missing keyboard search movie listings for Comet. I am going to check Flix later today and see what's up with keyboard search for that.

Somebody was sleeping in my area when they did the search listings for MGM+ through the "More Ways to Watch" Method, because there are two duplicate MGM+ listings for MGM+ On Demand. Oh, and I think when I had ODN Guide I had the same issues with MGM+ Drive Inn listings:

1.) Duplicate On Demand MGM+ Listings when selected to play an MGM+ On Demand movie and

2.) Missing MGM+ Drive Inn keyboard search movie listing data.

Satch

PS. The good news is that everything that's on MGM+ Drive Inn is also offered through MGM+ On Demand, so it's not like I am missing anything. Next to see if my Epix Channel has the same behavior.

Update: Yes! My Flix channel keyboard searches have the same behavior. All that shows when taking action on a Flix movie in the time grid through "More Was to Watch" is "Flix On Demand" (One entry.) There is no option to record a Flix Movie through the keyboard search.

• Satch

PS. The good news is that everything that's on MGM+ Drive Inn is also offered through MGM+ On Demand, so it's not like I am missing anything. Next to see if my Flix Channel has the same behavior.

Update: Yes! My Flix channel keyboard searches have the same behavior. All that shows when taking action on a Flix movie in the time grid through "More Was to Watch" is "Flix On Demand" (One entry.) There is no option to record a Flix Movie through the keyboard search.

Hey @HT_Greenfield ,

What version of Spectrum Guide are you running? Mine is:

System Information: Software Version: 30.1:137

Firmware: V 50838089

Correction- I accidentally wrote "Epix Channel has the same behavior." I meant Flix Channel. In my search listings the following bugs relate to both MGM+ Drive Inn and Flix: (I corrected this in the quote above.)

The Following Issues in a Nutshell-With Regards to Spectrum Guide Listings on Cable Boxes in Some Markets:

1.) Neither MGM+ Drive Inn or Flix channels for recording are found in keyboard search, "More Was to Watch" listings.

2.) MGM+'s On Demand listings are duplicated in "More Ways to Watch Searches." It appears that MGM+ Drive Inn's listings need to replace one of MGM+'s On Demand Listings.

3.) Only On Demand Listings show for Epix at the "More Ways to Watch" searches.

4.) The listing bugs for whatever reason are regional and not system-wide.

Satch

PS. Mods might want to change the title of the thread to "Spectrum Guide keyboard search listings missing for MGM+ Drive Inn/Epix Channel."

• HT_Greenfield
    edited August 31

Was able to replicate after all. Bug: regardless of whether i scare up a movie from the schedule grid or the search function, either way, on-demand and scheduled airings on SD-only channels (e.g. FLIX and MGM+ DRIVE-IN) do not show up in the MORE WAYS TO WATCH list with Auto-Tune to HD enabled in the guide settings. Work-around: disable it and furthermore be aware that the MORE WAYS TO WATCH list only shows up to four items at a time, so, if you see four, you may have to scroll down the list (one item at time with nav-cluster down-arrow or else two or three items at a time with channel down-arrow) until you reach the end of list if you've a mind to see the full list of airings in chronological order down past any on-demand and/or rental availability you might find up top. (I'd already had that disabled for other reasons that i won't go into, as i'd been unaware of this bug until now.)

Other unrelated bug: no FLIX network result when i search up "FLIX" or even "FLI" or even just "FL". Work-around: hit up FLIX by its channel number in the guide schedule grid, nav left to on top of it in the channel/network column, hit INFO (as opposed to OK) and there it is.

• Satch

Was able to replicate after all. Bug: regardless of whether i scare up a movie from the schedule grid or the search function, either way, on-demand and scheduled airings on SD-only channels (e.g. FLIX and MGM+ DRIVE-IN) do not show up in the MORE WAYS TO WATCH list with Auto-Tune to HD enabled in the guide settings. Work-around: disable it and furthermore be aware that the MORE WAYS TO WATCH list only shows up to four items at a time, so, if you see four, you may have to scroll down the list (one item at time with nav-cluster down-arrow or else two or three items at a time with channel down-arrow) until you reach the end of list if you've a mind to see the full list of airings in chronological order down past any on-demand and/or rental availability you might find up top. (I'd already had that disabled for other reasons that i won't go into, as i'd been unaware of this bug until now.)

Other unrelated bug: no FLIX network result when i search up "FLIX" or even "FLI" or even just "FL". Work-around: hit up FLIX by its channel number in the guide schedule grid, nav left to on top of it in the channel/network column, hit INFO (as opposed to OK) and there it is.

Thanks for the update,

Here is how to turn Spectrum Guide's "HD Auto Tune" feature on/off. (Other guide versions are also listed here:)

https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/hd-auto-tune (Enable/Disable HD Auto Tune on Cable TV Set Top Box Guides.)

Satch

• Satch

Oh well this is great! LOL!

My Midwest Market Spectrum Guide software does not have the ability to turn off auto HD in Spectrum Guide settings! (Milwaukee-Wisconsin) This is probably due to ninety percent of our programing is HD. On our guide systems, we have almost no SD channels, so the programmers probably removed the "Auto Tune to HD" feature.

On an unrelated note, instructions for "AUto Tune to HD are missing for the ODN guide at the above link.

Satch

• Satch

My Midwest Market Spectrum Guide software does not have the ability to turn off auto HD in Spectrum Guide settings! (Milwaukee-Wisconsin) This is probably due to ninety percent of our programing is HD. On our guide systems, we have almost no SD channels, so the programmers probably removed the "Auto Tune to HD" feature.

Excellent description of the "More Was to Watch" missing listings for MGM+ Drive Inn and Flix Channel by @HT_Greenfield Apparently this bug is not related to being regional. It is a national listing bug, with only one workaround, disable Auto Tune to HD in Guide settings to see MGM+ Drive Inn listings and Flix Channel listings. However, if your market does not have the option to disable auto HD tuning in Spectrum Guide we must wait for a listing fix that shows all MGM+ channels and the ability to record Flix channel under "More was to Watch" when searching for those channels.

Until listings for MGM+ Drive in and Flix Channel show up in "More Ways to Watch" option on Spectrum Guide, regardless of whether "Auto Tune to HD" is selected or not, here is the online schedule for each station as a workaround. Unlike "Auto Tune to HD on Spectrum Guide, which is not available in all markets this schedule should be available to all with a browser and Internet connection:

MGM+ Drive in Listings:

https://www.tvinsider.com/network/mgm-plus-drive-in/schedule/

(Remember, until this bug is fixed, you will be able to search for the movie using the Spectrum Guide keyboard search, but only On Demand and maybe two other MGM+ channels will show under "More ways to Watch" list. MGM+ Drive in will only show in "More Ways to Watch" if you have the option to disable Auto Tune to HD. Auto Tune to HD's ability to turn on or off varies by market.

And here is on Online Schedule for the Flix Channel:

https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listings/stations/flix-eastern/1399

For this listing bug users will only see an option for On Demand on Spectrum Guide under the "More Ways to Watch" option if Auto Tune to HD is turned on, just like MGM+ Drive Inn, users may or may not have the option in Spectrum Guide to disable Auto Tune to HD in Settings.

Until this bug gets fixed, the above schedules will help users find their programing for these channels. In all cases, until the "More Ways to Watch" listing bugs are fixed for these channels, users will have to navigate through the Spectrum guide time grid cells, select the show in the cell and record it that way. Once the show is in your list of scheduled recordings, you can pad start and stop times just like any other show.

Satch

• HT_Greenfield
    edited September 1

Or: šŸ”— https://watch.spectrum.net/guide : scare up whatever movie you want via the Guide schedule grid or the search function (šŸ”) and then scroll all the way down to More Ways to Watch and there the currently scheduled airings all are, including SD-only.

P.S.: How many categorical items do you have in Guide Settings? I have eight and Auto-Tune to HD is the third one (in between Guide Display Aspect Ratio and Channel Bar Position.)

• Satch

Or: šŸ”— : scare up whatever movie you want via the Guide schedule grid or the search function (šŸ”) and then scroll all the way down to More Ways to Watch and there the currently scheduled airings all are, including SD-only.

P.S.: How many categorical items do you have in Guide Settings? I have eight and Auto-Tune to HD is the third one (in between Guide Display Aspect Ratio and Channel Bar Position.)

https://watch.spectrum.net/guide

Hey @HT_Greenfield,

I forgot to answer your question. I have seven categories in Guide Settings. (Auto Tune to HD is one category that is missing. here in Metro-Milwaukee Wisconsin.) I wish I had the ability to turn off Auto Tune to HD, so that the SD titles for MGM+ Drive Inn appear in the "More Ways to Watch List" on my Spectrum Guide cable box.

I, also tried searching for "Flix Channel" using the Spectrum Guide keyboard, and I can also verify that no listing for "Flix Channel" appears in the search results. " I key "F..L..Iā€¦X" nothing.

The title of this topic should be changed to reflect that both Flix and MGM+ Drive Inn listings are missing in Spectrum Guide's "More Ways to Watch" list. (Opening the thread reveals workaround conditions for missing MGM+ Drive in "More Ways to Watch" settings.) But restoring MGM+ Drive Inn"More Ways to Watch" listings mandates that the HD auto tune toggle be turned off. If customers don't have that toggle in Spectrum Guide box settings, there is no workaround for this listing bug.

No search listings for Flix Channel when searching for Flix Channel in Spectrum Guide keyboard settings, regardless of whether or not Spectrum Guide customers have the HD Auto Tune on or off in Guide Settings, (or even have it at all.)

Main Points For The Spectrum Guide Development Team:

The above behavior for these missing channels in "More Ways to Watch" on Spectrum Guide occurs in the following conditions

1.) Flix Channel name is missing in keyboard searches on Spectrum Guide- (With auto tune either on or off, the name of the channel "Flix: does not appear in the Spectrum Guide keyboard search.)_

2.) MGM+ Drove Inn, listings appear only in "More Ways to Watch" if customers live in a market where the Spectrum Guide settings have an on/off "Auto Tune to HD." toggle in Guide Settings set to off. If the toggle is set to on, or there is no toggle option, MGM+ Drive Inn settings do not appear in "More Ways to Watch" search results.

Satch

• Satch

Good Morning,

For reference to the original topic, please see this link:

There is more to add, and since customers can't edit topic titles, I have created an outline list of the issues known for this bug: (Updated September 24, 2024)

1.) Both MGM+ Drive Inn and Flix Channel listings do not appear in Spectrum Guide Keyboard searches.

2.) A workaround in some markets that have an HD off/off filter toggle in Spectrum Guide settings to show Flix Channel listings in Spectrum Guide Keyboard Searches is to turn off the Auto HD filter. This will make MGM Drive Inn Listings appear in searches, but not Flix.

3.) There are two potential reasons for this listing bug:

A.) Flix is an SD channel in almost all Spectrum areas on Spectrum Guide cable boxes The Auto Tune filter on Spectrum Guide boxes when set to Auto Tube to HD (turned on.) might be too aggressive by blocking SD channel's content.

B.) MGM+ Drive Inn is an SD channel in many Spectrum areas The Auto Tube to HD, when turned on is blocking MGM+ Drive Inn Listings

4.) It remains that many markets do not have the ability to turn the Auto HD tuning off in Guide Settings in Spectrum Guide, because Auto Tune to HD is enabled by default and has no off toggle. In these markets, the menu for Guide Settings on Spectrum Guide has seven boxes instead of eight. (Auto Tune to HD is missing.)

5.) Flix Channel itself does not even appear as a channel in Spectrum Guide Keyboard Searches, regardless of whether Auto Tune to HD is on or off in Guide Settings, or even if it is not available in Guide Settings.

All Known workarounds to find Flix Channel and MGM+ Drive inn Programing:

A.) Log into your Spectrum online account and go to Spectrum.net. Now search for any content on MGM+ Drive Inn or Flix . All listings show up normally.

B.) Use the Time Grid Cells on the Spectrum Guide boxes to search for content on either MGM+ Drive Inn or Flix Channel. Click on desired listing content, this will male recording options appear.

C.) Flix Channel is owned by Paramount+ (Formerly Showtime) If you subscribe to Showtime With Paramount+ for $10.00 a month you will get just about everything, if not everything on Flix. Flix Channel is a part of Spectrum's Entertainment View Package (80+ Channels of Movies, Sports, and Special Interest for $16.00 a month.)

• Satch

Correction noted below:

2.) A workaround in some markets that have an HD off/off filter toggle in Spectrum Guide settings to show MGM+ Drive Inn Channel listings in Spectrum Guide Keyboard Searches is to turn off the Auto HD filter. This will make MGM+ Drive Inn Listings appear in searches, but not Flix.

Satch