Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

XUMO CLOUD DVR

GEOCISCO
GEOCISCO Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have found that the Spectrum Store Staff are not informed on function of this XUMO cloud DVR.

Traded in 2 perfect hard drive DVR's for this Xumo on the fact that the Spectrum Staff explained it worked exactly like my old DVR. NOT SO. How to record is similar, but that is it, pause, fast forward and rewind are at best horrible. It just moves forward or rewind with only a time delineation that is a challenge to control. I have no control for knowing where I am in a program, absolutely no frame reference at all; it is just a guess by time and the speed fwd or rewind is almost uncontrollable. When using these functions on streaming speed is more controllable but there still is no frame reference allowing me to know where I am at in the program.

For sports program viewing, the old DVR is perfect, this XUMO SUCKS.

Comments

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,665 Contributor
    edited August 29

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, the store staff did give you misleading information about the XUMO. The Xumo experience is not for everyone and its functionality has some very, very overt differences compared to a standard DVR. Personally, as a cable veteren since 1985, I do not recommend the XUMO at this time, and suggest that users go back to a traditional cable box or a traditional DVR. New Spectrum customers should contact sales and say that you want a traditional box or DVR when you sign up for CATV services instead of an XUMO. If you don't say that, you will be given at XUMO streaming box. The Xumo remote is different, menu navigation on an XUMO is different, A DVR stores programs on it's hardware's hard drive. An Xumo stores programs in "The Cloud" and is Internet-server based:

Check out the second post by me in this thread about why I do not recommend an XUMO streaming box at this point in time:

Satch

• inquisitivesage1
    inquisitivesage1 Posts: 1 Newcomer

The Xumo box is not ready for prime time. The Spectrum staff by and large is not familiar with the Xumo. The amount of lack of knowledge and misinformation is extraordinary.

The Xumo app is impossible to navigate. The Spectrum app is also not intuitive to navigate.

This product appears to have been rushed to market. It’s now a year later and still a disaster. For shame!