Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Spectrum App on Xumo Not Showing Recorded Programs

Cowboy11044
Cowboy11044 Posts: 6 Participant
edited September 26 in Cloud DVR

I have several shows set to record, including series. My Spectrum TV app on my phone shows that they did, indeed, record, but I can't get them to show up in the Spectrum App on my Xumo (and, yes, I also have Cloud DVR). When I go to My Library, I see the programs as scheduled, but the app doesn't show any recorded shows, so I can't watch them. Again, I know they recorded because I see them on the mobile app, but I want to watch them on my TV, not on my phone.

Is there some setting I missed? Or is there some reset to get this feature to work?

Best Answer

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
    Answer ✓

Welcome to the Forums!

Have you rebooted the Xumo? Try that first if you haven't already.

Satch

Answers

• Cowboy11044

I did try that. It didn't work. Miraculously and without doing more, though, the recorded shows were displayed in MyDVR this morning. I don't know how or why, but I'll take it! Hopefully it was a temporary glitch and it won't repeat itself.

• Cowboy11044

Well, it's back...same problem. What I've discovered is that if I reboot my Xumo streaming box, my recorded programs will appear in My Library, but once I've watched or deleted those programs, no more recorded programs appear unless or until I again reboot the streaming box. I shouldn't have to reboot my Xumo box once or twice a day. I'm anxious to resolve this; otherwise, I feel I'll need to go back to a more conventional DVR.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hey @Cowboy11044, sorry to see the problem returned. I agree you shouldn't have to reboot so frequently, that's not normal. Will you please try a factory reset?

To factory reset your device:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Select System Management.
    3. Select Resets & Updates and enter your parental control PIN if necessary.
    4. Follow the onscreen prompts until you see the screen go black.
    5. Once the factory settings are restored, you will need to go through reactivating your Xumo Stream Box.

• Gma56
    Gma56 Posts: 1 Newcomer

I’m having the same issues. The scheduled recording show at one time but are not there later. They do show up on My TV app on my iPad so I know they recorded but not on xumo. I’ve tried the reset with no affect. If I do the factory reset do I lose all scheduled previously setup?

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
    edited September 14

On your XUMO for those having the programs not showing in the Spectrum app problem. Some questions to help narrow this down further:

1.) Are there any problems with recordings going missing when using the Spectrum app outside of the XUMO?

2.) How much time elapses for customers using their Spectrum apps on XUMOS between a reboot of the XUMO, and programs disappearing? (I wonder if this is some overnight XUMO update/Internet thing in some markets that is wiping records from Xumo's recording list on the streaming boxes?)

3.) For those having this problem, what is your zip code? This can help further isolate the problem to a Spectrum area, or something more widespread.

Satch

• Cowboy11044
    1. No
    2. The programs don't appear while recording, nor after recording. When that happens, I reboot..generally next day..and the programs are there.
    3. 33777

• Edward_T
    Edward_T Posts: 58 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @Cowboy11044.

It is possible that you are not properly logged into the app. I would recommend you go into the settings of the app and select the sign out option. Open the app again and it should ask you to log back in. This may restore the DVR options without having to reboot the Xumo.

• Cowboy11044

Nope. Did that first.

• Edward_T
    Edward_T Posts: 58 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited September 14

I would like to determine if this is a Xumo Issue or a general issue with the Spectrum TV app. Can you install the Spectrum TV app on another device and see if you run into a similar problem?

• Cowboy11044

I have noted before that the problem does not occur when using the Spectrum TV app on my Android phone. In fact, that's often how I verify that programs have indeed recorded on the cDVR. Thanks for continuing to help me solve this

• Burby39
    Burby39 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Same issue here in 43081. I have to unplug my xumo box or wait until the next day or show for the recorded programs to show up on the tv. They are one my phone but not tv.

This discussion has been closed.