Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Blocking sender

Slels
Slels Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 23 in Email

Could it be possible to block senders by 1. Heading, subject, or by key words in the Emall?

Answers

• HT_Greenfield
    HT_Greenfield Posts: 911 Contributor

You can only block senders by email address or domain e.g. wanker@mail.acme.com or mail.acme.com or even just acme.com. You can also use Filter Rules to automatically Delete messages (move to Trash folder), or Move Messages to Spam or any other folder, based upon From and/or To and/or CC and/or Recipients and/or Subject Lines, Contains or Does Not Contain, pretty much any text per condition albeit characterized as "Email Address or Keywords."

• knitnurs
    knitnurs Posts: 5 Participant

Spectrum needs to dramatically increase the number of emails we can block. I get so. much. spam. I maxed out my blocks very quickly and now have to manually delete/report and it's a huge time sucker.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I can definitely forward your feedback about that @knitnurs, but if you are blocking that many I'd recommend looking into setting up keyword filters instead of blocking individual senders since spammers are always changing their email addresses or just spoofing them.

This discussion has been closed.