Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Changing password of a @twc.com subaccount is not working

ChrisLaGrange
ChrisLaGrange Posts: 5 Spectator
edited October 23 in Email

I have 4 total @twc.com email addresses on my account. I am trying to change the password of one of them through the selfcare.rr site. Now I can't login to that account at all. Neither the old or new password works. Any idea why this isn't working?

Best Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited September 23 Answer ✓

Hi @ChrisLaGrange, welcome to our community!

I'm sorry for the trouble with our email service. Are you able to access the master email account from the self care page? From there, you should be able to manage your sub email accounts including changing passwords.

• ChrisLaGrange
    Answer ✓

I can go through the change password process on the self care page but when I try to use the new password with that account it does not work. The old password does not work either.

• Kelly_M
    Kelly_M Posts: 13 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

When you're testing the new passwords, are you testing the passwords on a third party system or from our webmail site?

• ChrisLaGrange
    Answer ✓

I have tested through webmail and the Mail apple app on a desktop and phone

• ChrisLaGrange
    Answer ✓

I got it to work. I ended up logging to the old self care page with the sub account and changed the password. It is not working in webmail and Mail.

• Katrina_L
    Katrina_L Posts: 21 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    Answer ✓

That is good news. Is the new password working for your mail?

• ChrisLaGrange
    Answer ✓

yes

Answers

• Michelle073
    Michelle073 Posts: 27 Contributor

ChrisLaGrange…. you're genius. 😃 I have been struggling with this big time. Many contacts to Spectrum with NO HELP, just arrogance. They are unable to troubleshoot!

The old SelfCare.rr did the trick for me! Now I can access my email accounts via a client again. They did something to migrate our email accounts when changing the password and won't admit it.

This discussion has been closed.