Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Did Silver Pack subscribers lose P+ access?

AntDude
AntDude Posts: 168 Contributor

It's asking me to pay after logging into P+ apps and web site. I haven't used it for like a month. :( Spectrum's Showtime channels still work.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
    edited September 29

Welcome!

Check the apps on your Smart TV for Paramount+, and you will need to log in through Spectrum as your provider (Must have a Spectrum TV Select plan or MI Latino Plan for Spectrum/Paramount+ Essentials access.) If your Smart TV does not have a Paramount+ app with a log in through provider prompt, you should be able to plug an Amazon Fire Stick into your USB port on your Smart TV and stream Paramount+ Essentials through Spectrum.

Satch

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 497 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @AntDude

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues logging into Paramount+ with your Spectrum subscription, we're happy to help! Have you tried logging in with your provider? Is there an error message?

• AntDude
    edited September 28

Yes, I connected my P+ account with Spectrum on back in January 2024 when P+, with its Showtime, was revealed for Spectrum cable TV subscribers (e.g., old legacy Silver pack). I tried to sign in again with the old Spectrum account, but it takes me to sign up on https://www.paramountplus.com/account/signup/createaccount. but I already have an account with its "You already have an account. Please sign in." So, I signed in with https://www.paramountplus.com/account/signin/ [not sure why this forum thinks it is Canada. I'm at home in So. CA, USA. Here's a screen shot of when I am logged into the web site (same in tvOS and iOS apps) and it tells me to sign up:

• AntDude
    edited September 29

Satch and other legacy silver TV subscribers, does your P+ access still work? My P+ account (signed up through Spectrum back in January) is asking me to pay even though I do have Showtime as shown in my forum thread:

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
    edited September 29

What's up Ant?

I don't have Silver anymore, I have Spectrum Select with Entertainment View/Max/MGM+ Let me check quickly:

Yes, still works. I did not even have to log in to Paramount+ First go to Paramount+'s home page:

https://www.paramountplus.com/ (No idea why it says Canada. It made no difference for me.)

Go to the next screen: (Click Sign in.)

Sign in here by clicking on the bottom of the page at Paramount+'s sign up page. Don't fill out the email and password fields. Go to the very bottom of the page where it says "Connect Provider" and select "Spectrum" on the next screen. You should be logged in automatically

Satch

• Jaleesa_F
    Jaleesa_F Posts: 497 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Can you try logging into spectrum.net to verify that your login is working?

• AntDude
    edited September 29

Satch, I did that earlier but it took me to https://www.paramountplus.com/account/signup/createaccount which already I did back in January. I tried to resign up with the same e-mail address, it said my account existed. Logged in told me to subscribe/pay earlier. I forgot to mention earlier this morning in my http://spectrum.net web site "Outage Reported — An intermittent outage is affecting access to the Spectrum TV app. We're working quickly to restore your service." after logging into its web site. Maybe this is related to my P+ access even though my D+ and Max access were fine. Oh and I also rebooted my Spectrum's Hitron cable modem earlier, but that didn't make any differences.

HOWEVER, it lets me in this time. These was the same steps I did earlier! I have no idea why it works now and not earlier. I hope it stays that way. It was driving me nuts.

• AntDude
    edited September 28

Yes, it worked earlier today and now. I even posted in this forum after logging in. I forgot to mention earlier this morning Spectrum.net's web site said "Outage Reported — An intermittent outage is affecting access to the Spectrum TV app. We're working quickly to restore your service." after logging into its web site's account. Maybe this is related to my P+ access even though my D+ and Max access were fine. Oh and I also rebooted my Spectrum's Hitron cable modem earlier, but that didn't make any differences.

HOWEVER, it lets me into P+ account this time. I have no idea why it works now and not earlier. I hope it stays that way. It was driving me nuts.

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,292 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

It was most likely related, but thanks for following up to let us know it was resolved! Please let us know if you have any further trouble.

• wickerberry
    wickerberry Posts: 74 Contributor

AntDude is correct, today I had to re-establish the connection between Paramount+ and Spectrum, for some reason within the past 1-2 days it was dropped. After reconnecting Spectrum as the provider on the P+ website my devices began working. I've not had to do this since initially signing up.