Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Internet dropping

2074085152 Posts: 3 Newcomer

My Internet drops everyday couple times a day, and I don't mean during an outage, I'll just be sitting here watching TV and the Internet goes out for no apparent reason, I pay my bill every month and shouldn't loose it several times a day so I'm getting frustrated and thinking about switching. Hopefully this can get resolved before I switch, Thanks

Comments

• Edward_T
    Edward_T Posts: 58 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Hello @2074085152;

Welcome to the Community forums. I can understand the frustration of the internet dropping a couple times a day. I analyzed your modem and do not see any indication that it is loosing the connection or having poor cable signals. I also checked your Spectrum router and I do see that the router dropped several times. This can be caused by several factors. I optimized the settings on the router to help resolve potential WIFI conflicts in your area. If you continue to see drops in the internet connection then I would recommend a service call to have the WIFI checked in your home.

• RAIST515O
    RAIST515O Posts: 194 Contributor

May want to double check your tv/streamimg/"critical" devices are not using the 2.4ghz band. Channel alotment for this frequency range is more likely to run into interference from some fairly common devices like microwaves, various Bluetooth devices, older cordless phones, among other things.

Sometimes they will latch 2.4g because it tends to be stronger and may offer roughly the same performance at the outer edges... but if the noise floor ramps up, it can work against you.