Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

How do I unblock callers?

Zuzigirl912
Zuzigirl912 Posts: 3 Spectator
edited October 18 in Digital Phone
How do I unblock all the calls on my landline that I have blocked in the past? I can't find a way to do it

Best Answers

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,291 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator
    edited October 18 Answer ✓

Hi @Zuzigirl912, welcome to our community!

To unblock a caller you need to access the same page where you block them. You can find instructions at https://www.spectrum.net/support/home-phone/ways-block-unwanted-calls.

• Zuzigirl912
    Answer ✓

Not sure this will help, as I wanted to get rid of the blocked numbers and start over blocking new spam callers. Can you help?

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
    edited October 19 Answer ✓

The best way to block spam calls,

Go to "My Account" with the same log in credentials that you use at the forum. Go under the tab for Spectrum Voice or Home Phone, or Voice Zone. Make sure that "Call Guard is turned on. Set the filter setting to "High." Save your changes. Spam calls will now be automatically blocked

Although Spectrum no longer officially supports Nomorbo on the Spectrum Voice settings, it still works! Here is how to set that up. It will work with Spectrum Call Guard for a second layer of protection. (I use both.) You will need to turn on Simultaneous Ring in Spectrum Voice Settings for Nomorobo to work. Here are Nomorobo set up instructions:

https://nomorobo.com/

Tip- Allow your phone to ring at least once before answering, This is essential. It is part of the call screening process. For best results if you have an answering machine, set your device to kick in after at least the fourth ring. Spam calls will be dropped.

Satch

• Zuzigirl912
    Answer ✓

Thank you!! Will try this out.