Didn't find what you were looking for?

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Lost TruTV from all my Tivos...

Got a message yesterday on my Tivo(using Tuning Adapters) that TruTV has been removed as a channel and it has disappeared. This is the Newtown CT area.

I have a TV Select which DOES include TruTV. It is still available through the streaming app. How do I get this channel back on my Tivos?

Answers

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
  • Chuck_IV
    Chuck_IV Posts: 3 Spectator

That thread says we should be fine, but we aren't. So how do we go about getting it back if it was wrongly removed?

• Satch
    Satch Posts: 5,668 Contributor
    edited October 21

Good Evening Chuck,

I would recommend contacting Spectrum Customer Care for a specific account review relating to this issue:

Customer Service team 1-855-707-7328

Before you do, please read the comments below:

1.) Spectrum has begun phasing out cable cards, and tuning adapters. You might need to update your receivers to official Spectrum equipment. This is because updates to their network over time regarding channel changes may not be authorized by third party hardware.

2.) If customer care says you need to upgrade your package level, you will need to move to Spectrum Select Signature (less sports) or Spectrum Select+ (more sports for $8,00 more per month than Spectrum Select Signature)

3.) If customer care says, you need to update your box, request a regular box or regular DVR instead of the new Xumo ("Zoom O") streaming box. The remotes and guide are easier to navigate on a traditional box/DVR than on the XUMO.

4.) Note that doing both #2 and #3 may be needed, if Tru TV decided on their own accord to stop exclusive streaming to third-party devises. Spectrum has no control over what the station programmers do in terms of content. They only provide the signals and the equipment to transmit programing. Broadcast decisions are made by the station concerning distribution.

5.) Finally, if this issue is not resolved by a call to Customer Service, post back, and a forum moderator will determine next steps.

Satch

• Chuck_IV
    Chuck_IV Posts: 3 Spectator
    edited October 21

Yea, sorry, already figured out this was a Tivo issue as the channel feed came back after a while(initially the feed went dark for an hr or so before reappearing, which is what made me think it really was removed). Have already reported this to Tivo