Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

TWC TV App Constantly Crashing on XBOXONE (Resolved 7/16)

can somebody help me to figure out why the TWC TV app is crashing every 5 minutes or so since the update this past week?

is this something that other users are experiencing or that you are aware of at all?

this is incredibly frustrating and it is the only option i have in my bedroom so far as live TV is concerned... would hate to have to uninstallt he app and start downloading what i watch- work with me here guys!!

thank you!!

Best Answer

• CableGuy67CableGuy67 Posts: 10
    Jul 28, 2016 Accepted Answer

Got an update here too and it's working like  a CHAMP so far.

Thank you Julia for getting my SO off my back..

Replies

• DSchroederDSchroeder Posts: 703
    Jul 21, 2016

Can you make sure all your software is up to date (Xbox firmware, TWC App, etc)

If it is, do a full reboot of the Xbox by holding the power button on the front for about 10 seconds, then wait 30 seconds before turning it back on.

If that hasn't helped anything, uninstall the TWC TV app from the Xbox, and re-install it fresh.

• jdigga357jdigga357 Posts: 6
    Jul 21, 2016

trying this... will elt u know how it plays out. Thanks!!

Jul 21, 2016

XBOXONE - No updates

TWC App - Update seems to have caused the problem

etc- there is no etc

Full REboot - Didnt Work

Uninstall / Reinstall seems to be working to this point... will reach back out if it crashes again

THANK YOU

Jul 21, 2016

the uninstall / reinstall does not seem to have helped... it prolonged the crash but it literally just crashed again...

thoughts?

Jul 21, 2016

At this time I'm not seeing any currently known issues with the App and Xbox but I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything that might help.

Jul 22, 2016

thats it? fall back to a script?

this is something that is provided to me as a customer which means that the cost of it is factored into my bill- what are you going to do to help to rectify the situation rather than just falling back to a script about known outages?

you STILL havent answered my quesiton regaridng whether or not your seeing this on a broader basis...

time to escalate i guess....

Jul 22, 2016

It wasn't a script, I made that statement based on reviewing any other reports of this issue and yours is the first I have seen. Also, TWC TV is a free feature of your service, it is not factored into your billing, It is a convenience that we offer to our customers. We can only guarantee the service through our standard equipment for viewing cable.

Escalating is not a bad idea as I am here on a volunteer basis and can't submit your issue in an official way. The forum moderators would have to do that as I am unable to gather your account information from here to link it.

I have never and will never go off a script. I may repeat some things with the same verbage in certain scenarios, but TWC does not provide scripts to their agents. I can't speak for any of our vendor partners as I myself have heard scripted answers from them.

So, in short, I am not seeing your issue on a broader basis, but again I was going to keep an eye out for any similar issues from customers and agents I speak with and provide any updates to you here as I get them. Again, I am here on my own time, not company time, so I apologize if my help has not been sufficient for your needs to this point.

• moralmunkymoralmunky Posts: 1
    Jul 22, 2016

I am also seeing this issue and it also coordinates with the recent update. Before the update we could semi-reliably watch TV crashing less frequently then now, mostly when attempting to watch onDemand.

I respectively disagree that this service is merely a convenience provided to the customer. This is one of the reason we chose TWC and it is a feature that truly is included in our billing. This is evident through all the advertising that includes images of all types of devices displaying TWC services on them. It is also an advertisement in the current spot light on the main TWC services page, not to mention a highlighted feature in the package options for TV subscriptions as well as the marketing promise to "Watch live TV and onDemand - on any device" which states XboxOne being one of the devices. So, TWC is advertising that this functionality comes with and is included in the service subscription that the customer is paying for each month. 

Not guaranteeing it's reliably would be like Amazon saying that prime video comes with the prime subscription but they don't guarantee that you can watch it because your really paying for the free 2 day shipping and it is only provided as a convenience.

Also, please stop working for free. Doing so does not bring any benefit to your life, please value your personal time.

Jul 23, 2016

This is indeed an issue, this app does not work since the update this past week. The App crashes during commercial breaks, it appears to crash at the time that the pushed TWC ads normally come on.  This is every 15 minutes for me.  The old version worked fine.  Please fix this, it's not a fluke and everyone I know who uses the TWC app on XBOX One is having the same issue.  I called in last Thursday to report this. The ticket number is 23867335.

Please revert to the old app, this app is unworkable. 

• Jdrm03Jdrm03 Posts: 2
    Jul 24, 2016

I am having the exact same issue!

ever since the app was updated earlier this week it has become super unstable.

it crashed multiple times a hour saying "an unexpected error has occurred" or something along those lines.

• ToboriTobori Posts: 16
    Jul 24, 2016
    I too am having non stop crashing of this app since the update a few days ago. Where are you TW? Can't you find someone that can fix this? There should be a way to be able to revert to an older version, rather than be forced to update to a defective version.
    Jul 24, 2016

It's funny. I complained about the endless TW ads while using this app. Non stop repetition to the point that I actually did a search on some remote with a gigantic mute button so I didn't have to listen to them anymore and I hate hunting for my tiny mute button. I finally assigned a whole row of buttons on my Harmony remote, so it's easy to mute the tv, but now, it just crashes and makes it even more work to restart the **bleep** app every few minutes! Fix it!

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,167 Lead Mod
    Jul 24, 2016

Our apologies for the issue. There is a ticket in place that indicates a patch will be pushed out

to correct this issues you are experiencing. 

It is expected to take place Monday 7/25. 

If you should have continuing issues after this date please do let us know. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
    Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
    Julia R.
    TWC-Social Media Customer Care
    Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Jul 25, 2016
    I love you Julia.
  • bromsttjbromsttj Posts: 1
    Jul 26, 2016

I hope this is legit and you guys are really fixing it, Because to be honest I have little faith it will. Every single time you guys put out an update it gets worse every time. The original app that came out for Xbox one was great and had no issues. But then you guys put out the first update tht made it so you had to quit every time you switched to a game, otherwise you had to restart the console over and over again to get it to work. (A problem no other app has, just TWC). then you guys put out the next update whihc made it so that everytime you watch something on-demand the app crashes, which would be semi-ok, but it always started the show or movie over, or a half hour behind where it was. And now you have the problem everyone is talking about, which i am also having. I don't get why you guys fix things that are not broken, it makes no sense. But i hope you guys can actually get i tright for once. I'm missing my Xbox 360 now, which I shouldn't be, but thhat app was cleary superior to the xbox one edition. And I 90% of the reason i bought my xbox one was for TV, not gaming, so its even that much more dissapointing.

Jul 26, 2016
    It's Monday, the 25th, 6:30 PM and there is still not fix. Trying to watch the convention, and have to restart the app constantly. I hope the fix is still coming.
    Jul 26, 2016

The fix is not here yet.  It still crashes during every commercial break.  What is the status on this?

• fulpmastafulpmasta Posts: 2
    Jul 26, 2016
    Keeps crashing on my xbox one to said it was my account if so it would not work on android or my pc
  • fulpmastafulpmasta Posts: 2
    Jul 26, 2016
    Keeps crashing but not on my android an pc it's not my profile
    Jul 26, 2016

It's been a week and it's still broken.   What's the status on this please?

Jul 27, 2016

It's been a week and  a day and it's still broken.  Status please?

Jul 27, 2016

Julia R. where are you?

The app is still crashing.

• FantasticFour22FantasticFour22 Posts: 3
    Jul 27, 2016
    My TWC app has been frequently crashing on my xbox one as well. I have removed the app and redownloaded several times. Even went as far as removing all profiles on my xbox one doing a complete powered cycle and then re-downloading the app just to experience the same issue. Frustrating beyond words.
  • AHJrAHJr Posts: 1
    Jul 28, 2016

I wanted to add that I have also been experiencing the same issues described in this thread for more than a week, coinciding with the most recent app update. Any assistance from TWC devs would be hugely appreciated by this community.

Jul 28, 2016

This is STILL not fixed. This app crashed 28  times last night during the convention.  28 TIMES. WHAT IS THE STATUS ON THIS?

It is UNACCEPTABLE to have this problem go on for 9 days.  Either FIX IT or REVERT back to the old app. 

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,167 Lead Mod
    Jul 28, 2016

Our apologies the patch release had been rescheduled for today pending 

Microsoft approval.

should you still be experiencing issues after today please let us know, we would

be happy to check back in on that. 

Regards,
    Julia R.
    TWC-Social Media Customer Care
    Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Jul 28, 2016
    finally got an update!

fingers crossed that it doesnt jack things up even further!
  • PciesielPciesiel Posts: 1
    Jul 30, 2016

My app constantly crashes as well, I get a video player error, with the code xp003-404. I also have channels that won't come in at all, such as the military history channel and nba tv. 

• RquinnRquinn Posts: 1
    Jun 18, 2017
    I'm getting error code xp003-404. Been happening for weeks now. And the display isn't clear. Always choppy. Especially when watching sports. On 1080p, 720, and 4K tvs. I NEED HELP!
This discussion has been closed.