Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Can't Login to ABC.COM Using my TWC ID

When I am trying to login to ABC.COM to watch live programming TWC is not listed as a provider and my TWC ID does not work when I chose Charter/Spectrum. What is the fix for this

This is also a problem on a lot of cable only channels.

Accepted Answers

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 23, 2017 Accepted Answer

I do apologize but TWC never had access to ABC.com or ABC Family now Freeform content online. With the merger this may change but there is no information  as to if or when that'll happen. 

Tyleen
    TWC-Social Media Customer Care
    Forum Moderator

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,186 Lead Mod
    Aug 09, 2017 Accepted Answer

Please check out our updated Apps page:  Exclusive Spectrum Apps & Partner Apps
    Watch live TV, shorts, clips, and full episodes of ABC hit shows with the ABC app.

ABC

Modern Family. Grey’s Anatomy. The Bachelorette. Jimmy Kimmel Live! Watch live TV, stream the latest episodes of ABC hit shows, and binge on our digital online series — all with the ABC app. Restrictions apply. Live stream is available in select markets only. TWC ID required.

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Roku | Apple TV® | Kindle Fire | Fire TV

Replies

• MsRayeMsRaye Posts: 25,606
    Jun 17, 2016

use TWC as a provider instead.

Use the TWCTV.com channels.

no luck,

reset both your modem and cable box, something might be out of sync

• larry5601larry5601 Posts: 8
    Jun 17, 2016

The problem is that TWC is not listed as a provider on numerous channels. ABC was just an example

Jun 17, 2016

you need to use TWCTV.com instead

you use your myservices login  and should get near what you pay for there

Jun 17, 2016

There are several channels including ABC and Freeform (formerly ABC family) that we do not have access to as we do not have an agreement with those channels to get access to their content. As MsRaye has stated you can use our app TWC TV through smartphones or the website www.twctv.com to view some content. 

Jun 18, 2016

That asnwers the question. We don't get access. I assume we will through Charter sooner or later

• Jenbaldwin83Jenbaldwin83 Posts: 1
    Oct 16, 2016
    twc.com and the app won't let me steam from my phone to the tv and if you had your on demand updated regularly this all wouldn't be an issue. Since I pay over a $100 a month I would think I should be able to watch shows from every channel I pay for when I want too
  • CcineiCcinei Posts: 1
    Nov 13, 2016

This is so crazy and the reason that people HATE twc!

• Tnorm8907Tnorm8907 Posts: 1
    Nov 15, 2016
    I agree. New episodes aren't on the twctv site either even though it's been in the ABC site for 5 days now. Trying to watch HTGAWM and can't. New movies used to populate under 'on demand' every Tuesday too and the past 2 weeks they haven't.
  • bmariebmarie Posts: 2
    Nov 19, 2016
    Now that you all are Spectrum, when are Time Warner customers going to be able to use the ABC app? Charter customers have access to it and now that we're all one company Time Warner customers should as well.
    Nov 20, 2016

At this time, Legacy TWC customers will be unable to access the ABC App. Our apologies for the inconvenience. You will still be using your TWC ID and password to access our partner Apps and websites.

Regards,
    Julia R.
    ^TWC-Social Media Customer Care
    Lead Moderator-Community Forums

• BookgirlBookgirl Posts: 1
    Nov 21, 2016
    If you don't support it why is Charter/Spectrum an option in the app!
    Nov 21, 2016

They are two seperate companies, not one. Look for parts to be sold off in 2017...

Nov 21, 2016

@MsRaye  that is not quite the correct. We are one company.  We do have 3 types of 

customers. Our Legacy TWC Customers, our Legacy Charter Customers and our Legacy 

BHN Customers. Our new Spectrum packages are available to many of our customers currently and will be made available to all of our customers in good time.

While we work to integrate all of customers to the same system, same applications,  same billing platforms, same products etc. we will still have some differences. As things progress we will make announcements as needed to advise our customers whats new for them. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
    Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
    Julia R.

We look forward to the changes that are to come and hope you share our excitement!

• Ryanfamily828Ryanfamily828 Posts: 1
    Dec 03, 2016

Why isn't the moderator responding to legit questions in this thread?

Dec 03, 2016

I do apologize but as this is peer to peer support and we as moderators typically jump in when questions need more of an answer or are not answered right away. With the transition things can change as to what everyone has access to but as of right now TWC customers will have access to the same content as before as is with Charter customers. Charter Spectrum is listed as they had access as Charter. If Time Warner Cable Spectrum is not listed then we as TWC customers do not have access as of right now. 

Tyleen
    TWC-Social Media Customer Care
    Forum Moderator

Dec 03, 2016

That is only half of the answer. We were already told that time warner has never had online streaming access to a lot of the channels that they sell to us.. The second half of the answer is telling us when will time warner customers get the access that Charter customers have now that we are owned by Charter.

• achakrav2694achakrav2694 Posts: 2
    Dec 04, 2016

What are you even saying on these threads? Stop talking nonsense - can we access ABC or not? Yes no question 

Dec 04, 2016

If you are a Time Warner Cable/Spectrum customer you will have the same access you 

had prior to the merger. At this time there has been no change to the channels/apps/websites that you have access to. 

If you are trying to login at a specific place and do not see TWC/Spectrum as an option you will not have access.  As things stand now you do not have access to ABC.com. TWC has not provided this to our customers through the Broadcasters website or App but we do provide ABC content through our TWCTV website and Application.

Regards,
    Julia R.

Dec 05, 2016

My last question was when does TW customers get a Spectrum account. If you can't say,  just say so don't repeat what you said brfore.

Dec 05, 2016

My apologies for not addressing your last question.

At this time we do not have a date when we will be using a unified

system for access to the partner applications and websites. 

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
    Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
    Julia R.

• TWCSUCKSWASTAKNTWCSUCKSWASTAKN Posts: 1
    Dec 08, 2016

I have to say, renaming your  company is more of an insult than anything. The ads are played non-stop about "the promises to give and promises to keep." NOTHING HAS CHANGED...YOU ARE STILL AN AWFUL COMPANY WITH TERRIBLE SUPPORT.  

Shoving this spectrum (edited) down our throats when in reality its just more of a hassel to login to anything is sooooo annoying.  

• ToddshawToddshaw Posts: 2
    Dec 12, 2016

They got me to switch from DIRECTV and they installed in 2 days ago and I am already regretting it. Yes I save money, but the product is far inferior to directv. I will be switching back as soon as the promotional cost goes up.

• ToddshawToddshaw Posts: 2
    Dec 12, 2016

Ya, but you have to be on your home network to watch it. What good does the content do if I can only access when I am at home? DIRECTV app I could watch all my channels no matter where I was in the country. Now I have to buy a sling box just to watch ur cable when I travel. Great job TWC

• GusGus Posts: 1
    Dec 13, 2016
    I can't log in
  • wheelzwheelz Posts: 1
    Dec 16, 2016

Literally the worst service I've ever had...bar none. TWC is a joke and far inferior to DIRECTV and AT&T U-Verse. I do not understand why you all are still in existence. The fact that I cannot watch certain networks on demand when I pay you over $130 for your service is unacceptable. 

• AnClarAnClar Posts: 49
    Dec 20, 2016

And so this is the real outcome of the promises that Charter made when they were trying to get approval for the merger.  They said that it was going to be better for customers...remember?  Now that the execs at the top got what they wanted, it's back to business as usual for the customers.  Oh, and those lame "Welcome to Spectrum" commercials they keep flooding the programming with just make me lol.  I guess if they say it's better, then it must be better...what's wrong with me??  Wow...eliminating 6-tuner DVRs and Whole House service, replacing them with those high-end, state-of-the-art 2-tuner pieces of garbage...yep...better...that's it.  Enjoy the commercials, it's all we get for now...except for higher prices.  As someone else here said...if they truly cared about customers, and improving the product and the customer experience, they could give legacy TWC and BHN customers a default login to use as a "Spectrum" login for access to the streaming content we've been waiting for for years until they can get the underlying technical and legal stuff worked out...but no, we have to sit and wait until they get around to it...if they ever do.

• DD3705DD3705 Posts: 1
    Jan 01, 2017

I agree. This merger has made things so much worse. My bill went went way up so i reduced my internet speed to basic, cancelled phone service, and discontinued whole house DVR.  After giving all this up, my bill is still higher than it was with TWC.  i now only have basic cable with DVR  and basic internet how are they allowed to rob us like this?

• emotiondesigneremotiondesigner Posts: 1
    Jan 03, 2017

Everyone should just do themselves a favor and leave time warner cable spectrum whatever it is called now, so that is forced to adapt or die. It is a terrible service that isn't changing with the times fast enough. My cable hasn't worked for a month and they haven't been able to send someone to fix it or cancel my service because they are only available during office hours and they don't have enough technicians to make an appointment earlier than 2weeks. I can't even watch current programming (Shows airing this week or any content that isn't old) because they don't provide access to online content. Meanwhile ATT U-verse somehow has access everywhere and they can get someone to install it within 24hrs and at a cheaper price. Time warner Cable is just a bad provider. That's it. stop giving them money. 

• ccxrayccxray Posts: 1
    Jan 04, 2017

This is just beyond stupid. I cant login to ABC Freeform either.  Let met get this correct. i PAY Spectrum and somehow cant get Spectrum service to my neighborhood.  I cant even create a new account because there is no service here HOW does happen??

• rothsteinrrothsteinr Posts: 1
    Jan 09, 2017

You do not provide ABC content from your app or website unless you are connected to your home wifi. I am a college student and do not have access to my home wifi, and l do not have a TV. All I want to do is watch my shows on ABC, but I can't  because every other service provider works except for TWC. Don't you think if I was at home I would just watch it on my TV? The whole thing is completely pointless, and you are answering no one's questions. If I could, I would switch from TWC, I would in a second, but unfortunately, that is not my decision. 

This discussion has been closed.