Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Where is the Xbox 360 app?

I've searched the twc forum and the internet, and I see directions to set up my account and watch the twc app on my Xbox 360. However the app is nowhere to be found when I search or browse for in on the system. Did Microsoft or twc delete the app?

Accepted Answers

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,167 Lead Mod
    Jul 13, 2017 Accepted Answer

Apologies,  our Spectrum TV is not available on the Xbox 360. 

You can find out more about Spectrum TV and our other Apps at 

Exclusive TWC Apps & Partner Apps

Regards,
    Julia R.
    Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
    Lead Moderator-Community Forums

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,167 Lead Mod
    Jul 24, 2017 Accepted Answer

Hello!

Support for the Xbox 360 was discontinued December 1, 2016. 

You can use the Spectrum TV app on numerous other devices.

To check out what apps are available and where you can use them please visit:

Exclusive TWC Apps & Partner Apps

Regards,
    Julia R.
    Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
    Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Replies

• BlnmewBlnmew Posts: 3
    Dec 16, 2016
    Yes, I've used the browse function and the search function. Browse gives me 28 apps and search gives me 200. Twc is not in any of them.
  • ben_w0ben_w0 Posts: 1
    Dec 24, 2016

I also could not find this application to install on my xbox 360.  As for your suggestion to contact Microsoft, I have spent upwards of six hours in the support chatrooms for xbox live and just keep getting the runaround.  They are often claiming that I need "gold membership" even though that is clearly not the case, since June of 2014 when they changed their policies to make all entertainment applications available to free xbox live accounts.

So TyleenZ's suggestion for us as customers to contact Microsoft about this is not sufficient.  Presumably Time Warner has an agreement in place for Microsoft to distribute this application through their application marketplace (which you may have paid them $$ for).  They are NOT fulfilling their side of this agreement.  Please Time Warner, you need to contact Microsoft and get them to fix it!  Only you can do this.  There is no way they are going to fix the problems in their application marketplace database in response to customer support requests.  

In the meantime your paying customers are being cheated!

• Jdavis207Jdavis207 Posts: 1
    Dec 28, 2016
    I have also tried browsing and searching. It is not in the marketplace.
  • cd1cd1 Posts: 1
    Dec 29, 2016

I have been searching for this app well.  I called TWC, who told me the Xbox 360 app is supported and should be there.  The TWC rep had no other suggestions to help me.  So I then called Microsoft, who told me the app has been removed from the marketplace.  The Microsoft rep told me the only way it would have been removed  is if TWC removed it, because there were no breaches of terms between Microsoft and TWC.  

So I called TWC back again (really having fun with this now).  It turns out that TWC stopped supporting the Xbox 360 app and they have removed it from the marketplace.  So yes, TWC screws it's customers yet again.  Greatest company ever.

• mooseboots99mooseboots99 Posts: 1
    Jan 10, 2017
    Would like to see this app return to the XBox 360.
  • RadicatorRadicator Posts: 1
    Jan 16, 2017

You can still get the app if you have previously downloaded it. Go to your Xbox360 account settings and look in the download history to re-install the app.

• jcblue1993jcblue1993 Posts: 3
    May 30, 2017
    I need Spectrum TV on my Xbox 360 I live in San Antonio Texas
    May 30, 2017
    Spectrum TV
    Jul 12, 2017
    How can I download the spectrum tv app on the Xbox 360
  • SftsaceSftsace Posts: 1
    Jul 24, 2017
    This is not fair and absurd. How do you drop support for an app that people have used for years?
  • EdensRageEdensRage Posts: 1
    Aug 15, 2017

wow that really sucks. my kids used the 360 app cuz we dont have other devices

• AndiLandAndiLand Posts: 1
    Aug 18, 2017

Until August 14th 2017,  I had the Spectrum app on my Xbox 360 and it worked.

I was sold on purchasing Spectrum based upon the app availability on Xbox 360.  We ordered cable around April of 2017 (well beyond the time frame of this post).

Xbox is not aware the app is no longer available on 360.  Your tech support is not aware it is no longer available on 360.

All I can get is a "I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

• UnhappyWithSpecUnhappyWithSpec Posts: 1
    Aug 22, 2017

Once again Spectrum disappoints.

Its funny, well not funny ha ha, but more funny, like (edited)?

Spectrum has this repeating habit of (edited) their existing customers by charging older customers increasing fees and higher costs while at the same time offering wonderful new cost reduced packages to New customers.... And No, if you are an existing customer you can not be new, even if you cancel your service, and resign.  It's irritating as heck to see you can get all new hardware, larger packages, and lower cost for the exact same things that an existing customers, but you can not.  And now dropping support for older Xbox, and not allowing users to use Apple TV.  Even preventing existing paying customers to access content that they have already pay for with their Spectrum account, but preventing that content access on Apple TV.   

Spectrum, it's a new day, and you trully are the AT&T of customer service and support.

In the minor possibility that you think that's a compliment, you are sadly mistaken.

Once I've become so fed up, that I'll finally cancel you, I'll never look back....

That is until I'm out of your service long enough to be a New Customer again, then I'll be back.

But you'll still just ba AT&T to me.   

By the way, how many of your customers have paid you over $1000 for your crappy 10 year old cable box that you don't upgrade at all, and the only reason it's there because it's your own copy protection...   there is no benefit as all TVs made sine 2008 have HD tuners and you crappy cable boxes slow them down and provide a net degradation to what the TV and cable could do without your box that is only for locking your system, and is now a huge cash cow that adds no benefit to customers and drains our pockets with rental fees, and an oversized power sucking heater on my TV stand.

Its sad the way you treat customers, and I can't wait until more people start to drop you like an AOL dialup account.

disatified 

• joeyknucklejoeyknuckle Posts: 1
    Aug 24, 2017

Wow, I'm really disappointed by this.  My kids each have xbox 360s in their rooms and was a reason I was even bothering getting cable again.  This really is pushing me to cancel.

• MartinasosaMartinasosa Posts: 1
    Sep 17, 2017
    It was working fine but now it doesn't want to work
  • reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Sep 18, 2017

The Spectrum TV app is not officially supported on the Xbox 360, only the Xbox One.

• Segura434Segura434 Posts: 1
    Sep 22, 2017
    It was working fine last night all of a sudden and now it's not working again. Code a200. This is so wrong. There has to be something that can be done to fix this issue.
  • reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Sep 22, 2017

The fix is to get an Xbox One. 

• joe45joe45 Posts: 1
    Sep 23, 2017

Can't seem to get it to work on xbone either.

• eeh1961eeh1961 Posts: 2
    Sep 30, 2017
    This is case of fraud and misrepresentation. Thanks for making my 3 yr old Granddaughter cry!!!!
  • MathewCNicholsMathewCNichols Posts: 10
    Nov 01, 2017
    Spectrum might want to update their documentation site wide. Notice "All Xbox models are supported."

https://www.spectrum.com/cable-tv/spectrum-tv-app.html

If you have to explain what that means, then it's not clear enough for the public.
  • SaaldSaald Posts: 1
    Nov 03, 2017

I was going to "upgrade" to the new monthly streaming service, the email DID say it was compatable on all xbox consoles.  However, after looking and looking and now reading that it is not, I won't be doing this.  Please update your advertising/marketing.  Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.