Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

TWC APP on Fire TV / Fire Stick

Comments

• Monday16Monday16 Posts: 2
    Oct 23, 2017
    We cancelled Spectrum cable about 4 months ago and just kept internet and been using SlingTV since. Last week Spectrum called me on the phone and offered a month of Spectrum Stream for free and was told that it works on both the Amazon Fire TV stick and LG smart tv’s. I figured it was free for a month, why not compare them.

I knew I should of hung up on Spectrum when they called last week.

First, there is no excuse for not knowing what devices the app is available on or worst just blatantly lying about its availability. And they have been going this for over a year?!?

Second, I just spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone with Spectrum trying to cancel Stream. They suggested we buy Roku’s For each TV or hookup our laptop up to our tv’s to watch Stream....seriously? Why not just add Stream to more platforms if you really want people to try it out?

However, at this point I don’t care if they add it to Amazon Fire tomorrow, I would not sign up for it. This experience with Spectrum customer service was a reminder why I cancelled their service in the first place.
  • reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Oct 23, 2017

There is no excuse for the CSRs to not know this information. The Spectrum TV app is heavily advertised so it's not like it's a niche product that nobody uses.

• rtcrash2006rtcrash2006 Posts: 1
    Oct 23, 2017

ok, i spent some time figuring out how to get the Spectrum TV on my firestick AND getting it   to work! First, to get it on  your firestick, you need to download the  app called APPS2FIRE. this will put any app  on your phone on your firestick. there is a you tube video that will explain the hows- and yeah it worked!   down load it and dowload the SpectrumTV app on to  your phone as well- warning- I could not find the APPS2FIRE on my iphone, so i had to use my daughters adroid.

when you bring up the STV app on th fire stick, it shrinks/ stretechs. to get it to come up full screen, pick a channel, then tab up to the search  area top right, hit it, watch nothhing come up, then tab  back!  the LH return/back  arrow on your firestick remote --tada full screen!

now, to get the SOUND to work, you will need to either A- link  a bluetooth mouse to your Firestick or download the "mouse" ap- another good your tube video- click on muted sound  icon in upper Lh  of teh screen screen and tada! sound!  - i know this is very tedious and its not user friendly, but at least i got it to work for now or until SPECTRUM fixes these issues

• risingsunnrisingsunn Posts: 7
    Oct 25, 2017
    I received the same advise when I signed up with Spectrum. The rep told me I could use a fire stick to stream to my alternate TV. Obviously customer service or knowledge has not improved since spectrum too over TWC. NO ATTENTION TO DETAIL.
  • angiejanangiejan Posts: 3
    Nov 06, 2017

Still no luck.  There's a "TWC bacon" app that just fails to load. What is that???

• flywaterflywater Posts: 1
    Nov 18, 2017

it certainly would have been appropriate , professional even, for  the sales rep to ask  what type of device I use...

None the less, it's quite apparent that Spectrum has no control over the issue.

I'm certainly NOT switching back to ROKU.

So as for me and my house, I will be switching to SlingTV.

• BirdOPrey5BirdOPrey5 Posts: 11
    Nov 23, 2017

To rtcrash2006, the person who had it working recently, does it still work? I side-loaded a recent Spectrum TV APK to my Fire TV, the resolution was very distored but managed to sign in without issue. I needed a mouse to click the "Agree" button which was fine, but once I got to the point where I should have been able to watch TV it gave an error about "Mirroring unavailable" and I had to "disconnect the HDMI from my device" to watch the video. Of course if I was using a phone or tablet then I could watch video on the device itself, but it obviously doesn't understand the Fire TV has no other sceen.  Wondering if this was a recent update or there is some other reason your app works? 

The specific APK I used had a filename SpectrumTV_v5.18.0.193278.apk

Thanks. 

• BrockBrock Posts: 4
    Dec 03, 2017

I've done some searches and I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but can anyone update me on the status of the Spectrum TV App with the Amazon Fire Stick? Seems pretty sad I can't watch any shows. I'm seriously getting ready to get rid of Spectrum.

• mgeorgevich7135mgeorgevich7135 Posts: 17
    Dec 04, 2017

Same here. I can't cast the Spectrum TV app. The app is on a Roku but not on a Firestick. Its unbeleivable Spectrum does what it does.  The money they spend on advertising should be spent on technolgy instead. I'm looking into Sling TV. By the way, I have been a TWC customer for over 15 years, so much for loyality.

• ky-joyceky-joyce Posts: 1
    Dec 04, 2017

Did you look for a Charter or TWC listed sometimes I have found Spectrum is not the listed name, just a thought.

Dec 04, 2017

Roku is the only supported set top streaming device outside of select Samsung smart tvs and the Xbox One.  Roku paid for this exclusivity and until that deal expires there will be no support for Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, or any other streaming device. 

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,167 Lead Mod
    Dec 04, 2017

Good afternoon.

Although our Spectrum TV application does not support the Fire Stick there are 

some of our partner applications that do.  You can see those here: 

Exclusive Spectrum Apps & Partner Apps

Regards,
    Julia R.
    Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
    Lead Moderator-Community Forums

• BrockBrock Posts: 4
    Dec 09, 2017

Which partner applications? Many are listed on that page. I know for a fact that AMC is not supported, yet it's listed on that page. More information, please.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,167 Lead Mod
    Dec 10, 2017

Each channel App lists what devices they are supported on. AMC is online only.

It is my understanding ( I do not use The Fire Stick or Android devices myself) that 

If it says Fire TV it would work with the Fire Stick. There are not many on the list

but there are some. 

For instance: 

Watch live sports and great shows from FOX Sports, FOX Sports 1, and FOX Sports 2 with the FOX Sports GO app.

FOX Sports GO

Download: App Store | Google Play

Watch Online

More Information: Windows 8 | Kindle Fire | Fire TV

• User78965User78965 Posts: 1
    Dec 12, 2017

There really is no excuse why Spectrum doesn't allow their app on the fire stick. 

Get with the program Spectrum and turn it on!

Dec 12, 2017

I can find no means to watch Spectrum on the Amazon Fire TV and I've tried everything I can imagine, and some I can't. 

Short of becoming a developer who can decompile the app and take out a check for the HDMI output being in use (which it must be on a FIre TV) don't see it happenig unless Spectrum changes their mind. 

Dec 12, 2017

Especially since Time Warner Cable customers were already using our Fire TV's for cable TV until I was forced to upgrade to the Spectrum app and then the app tells me it doesn't work on this device. Is Spectrum under no obligation to honor the advertisements of compatibility TWC made prior to the sale? 
    At this point I would consider buying a Roku but what garuntee do I have Spectrum won't kill that app next week like they killed the Fire TV app? None, apparently. 

Dec 12, 2017

Roku paid good money to make sure they are the only platform the app is available on this class of device.  As a consumer, we have no visibility as to the terms of these agreements so yes, you have no guarantees.

Dec 12, 2017

Apparently even if you buy a Roku just for the app it still doesn't work if you're not using Spectrum for Internet which I never would. I didn't mind TWC limiting the channels I could see because it looked like I was  "away from home" even when I wasn't, but the Roku app says it won't work at all if not hooked up to the Spectrum provided internet account. 

• rwattersrwatters Posts: 2
    Dec 19, 2017

I added Spectrum TV Stream to my account via chat because the Spectrum rep stated it works.  I mentioned fire stick TWICE!  

• BallMomDebBallMomDeb Posts: 4
    Dec 23, 2017
    We use the Spectrum app on a Roku 2 for a couple TV's on or house. They work fine. We also have a Roku Stick that the app works fine with.
    Dec 23, 2017
    They work with Roku for now. like they used to work for FireTV. No one knows when Amazon or Apple or someone else will pay to be the exclusive platform for Spectrum and the Roku apps will stop working. Enjoy it while you can.
  • robinh28205robinh28205 Posts: 1
    Jan 12, 2018

Ridiculous.  Can you provide a valid reason why you don't support FireStick and only support ROKU?  So many people have Amazon Prime and FireSticks and you are screwing yourself by this.  I've had so many bad experiences with Spectrum; I have been a customer for 15+ years and find that I will probably have to leave Spectrum and go  to a different provider which I really HATE to do.

Jan 16, 2018

Sideloading appears to work (somewhat) for FIresticks but does not work for Fire TV (boxes.) Fire TV boxes are told to unplug the HDMI cable before the app will work.

• CloakmackCloakmack Posts: 9
    Jan 17, 2018
    Yes it is. I side loaded from Apps to fire. ON A VIZIO TOO. WORKS FINE
  • Melissa1116Melissa1116 Posts: 1
    Jan 22, 2018
    How do I fix the screen ratio?
  • cheeks4cheeks4 Posts: 1
    Jan 25, 2018

So I am super confused on why the Spectrum TV app is not available on the fire stick but it is available on the fire tablet. That does not make any sense to me. Also, every time I try to subscribe to TV channel apps like Disney, VH1, Bravo, E, BET, AMC, A&E, just to name a few, Spectrum is never on the list of TV providers. It is aggravating that every time I want to watch something on demand in another room or if I am not home, I cannot watch it with my fire stick because TWC/Spectrum is not on the list. Spectrum is like the only TV provider that is not on the list. I always see AT&T Uverse, Dish, and Direct TV on it. Honestly, this makes me want to go with another provider so I can get all the benefits that I pay for monthly.

Jan 25, 2018

While I agree with your point, fact is at current time the Spectrum TV app is only available on a Roku device (in the streaming device class of products such as Fire Stick/TV, Apple TV, etc.). On video game consoles it is available on Xbox One and not Playstations or Wii. It is available on select Samsung smart tvs but not Sony, Visio, etc. Personally I would love for the app to be available on the Apple TV.

Search the forums for this topic and you'll see instructions on how the app can be sideloaded on a Fire Stick if you have the technical knowledge and patience to use it that way. 

• nylbnylb Posts: 2
    Jan 27, 2018

can you advise how you sideloaded to a Vizio? 

• nylbnylb Posts: 2
    Jan 27, 2018

any idea how to do this with an iphone? tx!

This discussion has been closed.