Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

How do you download the Spectrum TV Ap on an LG Smart TV?

DM60DM60 Posts: 2
edited September 24 in Spectrum TV App Tips, Resources & FAQs Feb 12, 2018

I cannot find a way to add ap's in LG Content.  If I try the webbrowser it takes forever to load any web address and I cannot get there.  I need to do this today as tomorrow Feb 13 Spectrum goes digital.  If you have step by step instructions that would be great.  Thanks!

Best Answer

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 12, 2018 Accepted Answer

The Spectrum TV app is only supported on select Samsung smart tvs. I would suggest getting a Roku device to hook up to your LG tv, unless you have an Xbox One which also supports the app.

Replies

• DM60DM60 Posts: 2
    Feb 12, 2018

Thank you for the quick reply.  Makes sense why I cannot download it.  Would have been nice if the attendant at the Spectrum store told me this rather that jsut say download the ap.

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 12, 2018

Agreed...their training is sometimes lacking a bit.

From the website:

App Supported Devices.jpg

• MsRayeMsRaye Posts: 25,606
    Feb 12, 2018

the other issue is that you should be using an ethernet connection rather than wireless. The TV's respond a lot faster, on some, you can download an android ap that allows the spectrum one to work.  And some channels allow watching if you have a twc/spectrum id, like the NBC olympics one.

You would have only had a few basic cable channels and may get more with an antenna on your set... What's your zip code?

This discussion has been closed.