Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Can't Pay Bill on Line

I have been trying to pay my bill on line for 2 weeks and I continue to get the following error.  Can anyone help?

Alert

• This service has encountered an unknown error. Please try again later. Error code: NM:440160725

Best Answer

Replies

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Dec 21, 2017

@Spiz wrote:

I have been trying to pay my bill on line for 2 weeks and I continue to get the following error.  Can anyone help?

Alert

• This service has encountered an unknown error. Please try again later. Error code: NM:440160725

What web browser are you using? It is fully updated? Have you called customer service?

• SpizSpiz Posts: 3
    Dec 21, 2017

Unfortunately yes to all your questions and have even tried to pay via different computers and tablets.  When I called Customer Service, it was about a joke... After over 30 minutes, the rep came back and said we have no idea what the error is or why it is appearing but if I want to pay bill, I could give her a credit card number and pay but there would be an extra $5 fee to process the transaction. You can imagine my response to that!

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,080 admin
    Dec 21, 2017

@Spiz

I apologize for the frustration.  Have you tried changing the password for your My Account?  This forces the system to update and resolves most  log in issues. 

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

• SpizSpiz Posts: 3
    Dec 22, 2017

Thanks for the suggestion.  I changed my password and unfortunately is still get the same error.

Any other thoughts??

Alert

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,080 admin
    Dec 22, 2017

@Spiz

We encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

• ohiocustomerohiocustomer Posts: 1
    Dec 23, 2017

I am also getting this same error the evening of 12/22/2017 and again shortly after midnight on 12/23/2017.  

I have two Time Warner accounts and I was able to pay the bill for the other account on 12/22/2017.  But 10 minutes later when I tried to pay my bill for my second account which is a separate log in and separate password, I just keep getting this error.   If Spectrum wants my payment, they need to get this resolved.....!

• etkrummetkrumm Posts: 1
    Dec 28, 2017

For what it's worth, I was encountering this same error - when trying to schedule a future payment.

After several frustrating, unsuccessful tries I attempted to make a same-day payment - which went through without issue.

Perhaps give that a shot?

• ewgv80ewgv80 Posts: 1
    Dec 29, 2017

Glad I came across your post - I've also been getting this error message for 2+ weeks, just did online chat with customer service and they were zero help. I tried your suggestion of same-day payment, and it went through. Kinda ridiculous that no one seems to be working on FIXING their website issues.

• grahamjn84grahamjn84 Posts: 1
    Jan 07, 2018

I've just started to receive this error message today.   Has there been any updates on what this error is and when/if it will be resolved?

• chowdhuryiftikhchowdhuryiftikh Posts: 2
    Jan 16, 2018
    I want to pay my internet bill online instead of citibank to Bank of america and need your help to do so
  • Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,168 Lead Mod
    Jan 16, 2018

Good afternoon.

Are you having difficulty registering for an offline profile? If you can tell us about what problems you are having we can direct you where to go from there. 

Regards,
    Julia R.
    Lead Moderator-Community Forums

• dar1951lenedar1951lene Posts: 1
    Jan 31, 2018

I've tried to pay my bill online now for two months.  I have a problem ticket that has been issued, but that was over a week ago and I still cannot set up a future payment.  

I know I can pay thru the phone, but I want the convenience of doing it online whenever I want it done and not have to go thru someone else to complete my transaction.  

Please  - someone needs to give this their attention and correct this issue for your customers.  

• Richw46Richw46 Posts: 8
    Feb 06, 2018

Same experience here, two months now, online bill pay isn't working for me to pay by check. I've been using this feature for a long time but it's more trouble for me than the benefits. I'll go back to getting a paper bill and paying by check.

Windows 7 64-bit

Firefox 64-bit current version

Internet Explorer 11 current version

Dell N5010 laptop

• mamao6mamao6 Posts: 1
    Feb 07, 2018

This is not a solution!  I have had the same problem two months in a row now, I was able to make a same day payment last month, but I am now receiving the same error code (This service has encountered an unknown error. Please try again later. Error code: NM:440160725).  Last month my call to support was not helpful at all, she claimed it was my bank blocking my payment, but I was able to make the online payment the next day (a same-day payment).  It is not very convenient to make same-day payments!  If there is a real solution, can you please just post it here?!

• brittneypedersobrittneypederso Posts: 1
    Feb 09, 2018

i have been trying to log in to my account for 2 weeks.  It loops me back to the login page EVERY time.  I have changed my password and all.  Used different browsers, even tried on my phone.  Nothing works.  My credentials are correct, and i was able to log into my account when i set it up Jan 9, but now i cannot log in.

Feb 12, 2018

We encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance.

Please contact us at: 

Regards,
    Julia R.

• dhammerdhammer Posts: 1
    Feb 22, 2018

That's where I am today.  Kept bringing me back to the login page.  Reset my password, thinking that might have been the issue, but again doesn't work.  I've tried it from both my desktop and my phone.  Very frustrating, tried talking to an agent in chat through the Spectrum.net website but of course can't speak to an actual agent unless I login.  I do not use Facebook or Twitter and shouldn't have to jump through hoops to give you my money.

Feb 24, 2018

@dhammer

If the account is a former/closed account you will not have access to the website.

If you have a new account you will need to re-register for that account.

If you still require assistance please feel free to contact us directly at 

Forums_Help

Please include

1. Your account number

2. Verification of the service address

3. Username

Regards,
    Julia R.

This discussion has been closed.