Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Getting a VPN error on IOS Spectrum App

I keep getting an error when watching the Spectrum app. The error asks to restart the app works for a few minutes then the error comes back. Very frustrating. Please help!

Best Answer

• Edgar-madEdgar-mad Posts: 6
    Jun 04, 2018 Accepted Answer
    In my case, I think I found what’s causing the issue. I have a Spectrum modem/router at home that has a 2.4GHz and 5 GHz connection. When I’m connected to the 5GHz connection I get the error. Once I connect to the 2.4 it works fine. Hopefully Spectrum support can fine a solution for this problem.

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,102 ADMIN
    Apr 23, 2018

What is the iOS device and which version is it running?  Also, which version of the app are you using ?  

Apr 23, 2018
    App version 6.9 (274)
    iOS version 11.3
    iPhone X
    Apr 23, 2018

Thanks.  Deleting and reinstalling the app usually resolves most issues.  If it does not, please reply back with the exact error message.  Include a screen shot, if possible.  

Apr 24, 2018
    I deleted and reinstalled the Spectrum app but still getting the error but not as often.
    Apr 24, 2018
    The error message:
    This app doesn’t support VPN. Please turn offVPN in settings,and then restart the app. IFE-1002

I don’t have VPN turn on, after I relaunch the app it works fine for a while.
    Apr 24, 2018

@Edgar-mad

Thanks.  We would like to investigate this matter further.   You can contact us by direct message  @Forums_Help, or if you prefer,  you can contact our Social Media Customer Care team:

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

• PJXPJX Posts: 25
    May 12, 2018

Do you see "VPN" at the top left of your screen next to the Wifi or LTE indicator?  If yes, your device is configured to use a VPN.

If not, do you know if the router you're connected to is using a VPN?  Because that would cause the same issue.

Regards, Patrick

• AimizmeAimizme Posts: 1
    May 12, 2018
    I am getting the same message. No VPN on. None on my router.
  • blevowblevow Posts: 1
    Jun 04, 2018

I have the same problem.  I can't even get the app to load at all.  It crashes before getting to the home page in most cases.  I have IOS 11.4, app version 6.12.  I see the VPN error when I'm swiping the app to close it.  I've restarted my phone and nothing.

• SltjensenSltjensen Posts: 1
    Jun 11, 2018

I am getting this error as well on my iPad.  No VPN. In fact, the app won’t even show me the channels.  All it shows is a black screen with the text of a VPN error.  However, it plays the audio of the last channel I watched.  This audio is live.  It pretty obvious that the programmers have tried to protectionists without testing the software completely.  I’m logged in.   I’m connected to my Spectrum internet.  This needs to be fixed at the app was what convinced me to go to Spectrum.  I satellite offers this.  Is Spectrum going to fix this?

Jun 11, 2018
    Are you connected to a 5ghz WiFi network? If you are try a 2.4, this has worked for me.
  • AnniAnni Posts: 1
    Jun 15, 2018

I just got the same vpn error while watching my Spectrum app.  IFE - 1002. I do not have VPN enabled on my iPad.  

This discussion has been closed.