Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Unable to retrieve voice mail via Voicezone

Charlie900Charlie900 Posts: 12
in Digital Phone Jun 06, 2018

I'm away from home (North Carolina) and unable to retrieve my voice message vial Voicezone.  I receive email notifications when messages arrive along with a link for listening, but after logging in I get the message "We're sorry; we were not able to retrieve your Voicemails at this time. Please try again later."  I'm also unable to access message using the remote access phone number ("login has failed").

It sure would be nice to be able to find out whether this is a known problem, and when service might be restored. If anyone at Spectrum can provide more information it would be most helpful.

Comments

• jcbaroquejcbaroque Posts: 3
    Jun 07, 2018

I am having the same issue.  My concern is that I cannot delete my messages so my inbox will be full soon.

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,167 Lead Mod
    Jun 07, 2018

Good morning @Charlie900 & @jcbaroque

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

I encourage you to contact us directly for support on this. I do not see 

an issue posted, but with both of you experiencing the same issue, it would

be a good idea to have this looked into further.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
    Julia R.
    Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
    Lead Moderator-Community Forums

• jcbaroquejcbaroque Posts: 3
    Jun 07, 2018

Yes, I am still experiencing the issue.  I'll call it in.

• Charlie900Charlie900 Posts: 12
    Jun 07, 2018

I called it in today too, so there will be at least two voices in the crowd.

Aside from Voicezone not working, I am unable to retrieve messages by calling the local access number or my own number, then pressing star.  After entering my PIN I'm told that my login attempt was unsuccessful.

• odbackeodbacke Posts: 3
    Jun 07, 2018

I have been experiening the same issued for 14 days now.   I have worked with five different support reps on twitter @Askspectrum.  

They have no solution. 

They have tried resetting the modem and offered the usual suggestions about clearing brower cache and cookies.    

Jun 08, 2018

Good morning all. 

I do see that there had been a ticket submitted for this issue but it has been resolved.

Since you are still seeing this I ask that you PM us at Forums_Help

Please include your account number and address for verification as well as 
    any additional information you have about your circumstances. 

When were you last able to view/manage voicemail through My Account?

Are you able to check voicemail from home on the handset? 

Are you set up to receive voicemail to text? If so is this working?

Are you set up to receive Email? If so is this working?

Regards,
    Julia R.

Jun 08, 2018

Still broken.

Jun 08, 2018
  • chinablaxchinablax Posts: 1
    Jun 13, 2018

I have also had this same problem now for 3 weeks.  Spent 45 mins online chat and she didn't have a clue so I gave up but it is very annoying.  Now I cant see my caller id on TV any more either.  Suspect it is something in the settings but I dont know what it is. Exact message is: We're sorry; we were not able to retrieve your Voicemails at this time. Please try again later" but later is now going into its 4th week.

Jun 19, 2018

The problem persists today (4th week, at least?). Just had a lengthy Twitter message exchange with AskSpectrum. Resetting the PIN seems to have resolved the remote phone access part of the problem, but the Voicezone issue remains. The support person has escalated the problem up the support chain.

Jun 27, 2018

Yet another week has passed and still no change. Voice mail messages are still not accessible via the VoiceZone app. Pathetic. I wonder how many calls to Spectrum "support" this is going to take.

Jun 27, 2018

Good afternoon.

I see the App updated yesterday. if you have not yet done the update will you please 

give that a try.  I do see that on  the website your voicemail is still not loading.

i have updated your escalation ticket to let the team know you are still 

waiting for this to be resolved. 

Regards,
    Julia R.

Jun 27, 2018

@Julia_R wrote:

Good afternoon.

I see the App updated yesterday. if you have not yet done the update will you please 

give that a try.  I do see that on  the website your voicemail is still not loading.

i have updated your escalation ticket to let the team know you are still 

waiting for this to be resolved. 

Regards,
    Julia R.

Thank you for re-escalating.

I was referring to the VoiceZone web app available via web browser. Is there an app for mobile devices that provides voicemail access? The "Phone 2 Go" app was discontinued by Spectrum earlier this year. The "My Spectrum" app was updated today, but its main function is to let me pay my bill; it's not worth the space it takes up on my device.

• hamster1060hamster1060 Posts: 3
    Jul 01, 2018

I am having this exact problem and have been for about 5 - 6 weeks. I can't access any of the messages or previous voicemails at all.

No matter who I ask nothing happens. They act like the problem doesn't exist.

Jul 01, 2018

Good morning.

In the app you should also have access to the voicemail through the VoiceZone option

it should be on the right side about halfway down. 

voicezone.JPGvoicezone2.JPG

If you are also not seeing notification there please contact our Social 

Media Customer Care team for follow up. 

&

Regards,
    Julia R.

Jul 01, 2018

My iOS app shows only three options: Billing, Account, and Support.  It is the current version (6.2) accorging to the Apple store.  I even deleted the app from all my iOS devices, then downloaded it fresh. It's as if my Spectrum account has no services associated with it.

Incidentally, the VoiceZone web app still says "We're sorry; we were not able to retrieve your Voicemails at this time. Please try again later. " 

MySpectrum App

Jul 01, 2018

That does not appear to be the correct app.

When you go to the Apple app store you should see this app

mytwc1.JPG

Once you download that and open the app it should look like this: 

mytwc2.JPG

It should then direct you to a login page: 

mytwc3.JPG

Regards,
    Julia R.

Jul 02, 2018

Does not work. The My TWC app forces me to download and use the My Spectrum app. 

MY TWC

You are correct in that the TWC app used to provide voicemail access. Now it's just as useless as the Spectrum app.

• FDimmickFDimmick Posts: 1
    Jul 03, 2018

Good day -- I'm having the exact same set of problems.  Had a friend say my voicemail acted odd and when I went to check things out, I found the TWC Voicezone could not find voicemails.  Then I install the app on my iPhone with the same outcome experienced by Charlie ... Fred

Jul 05, 2018

Morning !

I do see that earlier in the week and even this morning there are some issues

with the redirecting to the Spectrum app instead of allowing login at the 

Time Warner Cable/ Spectrum My Account app. We may not be able to do 

more troubleshooting on this until the issue is cleared.

Has it been more than 45 days since you had tried to login to the Legacy TWC 

app? 

Regards,
    Julia R.

Jul 05, 2018

I tried to use the TWC app just before my last posting three days ago. It just transfers to the Spectrum app with no opportunity to do anything else. I've tried using the TWC app several times in recent weeks with the same result.

And just for the record, voice messages are still unavailable using the VoiceZone web interface.

Were you saying that the VoiceZone problem and the mobile My[TWC/Spectrum] app problem are possibly related?

Jul 05, 2018

Hi @Charlie900

They may be related. I can not say for certain however. Once the issue is said to be 

cleared we can definitely escalate this. I am sorry it has not been resolved.

You are a legacy TWC customer or did you start as a Spectrum customer? 

The reason I ask is that for people who use the App frequently and are Legacy TWC 

customers they will keep using the TWC/Spectrum App for the time being. If

they do not login for 45 or more days it will/should direct them to use the Spectrum

App instead. 

If you will contact us directly at 

or

We can let you know if that issue has been resolved and if so we can then do further 

investigation. 

Regards,
    Julia R.

Jul 05, 2018

I'm guessing that I'm a "new" Spectrum user. I was a long-time TWC TV customer, then "upgraded" last year to a package that included phone and Internet.  At that time the TV channel lineup changed from the TWC lineup to the Spectrum lineup. I didn't use the MyTWC app before that switch. I have been a relatively frequent user of the web interface, including VoiceZone, which was fairly reliable up until recent weeks.

This discussion has been closed.