Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Connection issues with Spectrum App

rjwwrjww Posts: 2
edited August 27 in Spectrum TV App 2018 Archive Jun 25, 2018

For the past couple of weeks we have had issues using Spectrum app.  Whether on the Roku or on my kindle.  I have called several times and it appears that there is a known issue in New York State.  Now on one of my TV on the Roku when entering the spectrum app instead of connecting and showing my cable channels, it asks if I want to sign up for Spectrum Streaming.  What is going on???

Comments

• kmortkmort Posts: 3
    Jun 26, 2018
    I also have been having issues with Spectrum Select TV App. It’s been very buggy since I opted for the Select service. I have only a 50/50 chance that it will work at any time of day. This morning it says that I not a subscriber and doesn’t recognize my id/pass. I’m surprised that the Spectrum “powers that be” aren’t a little more pro-active and/or forthcoming with their technical problems.
  • sbeverssbevers Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018

same type of issue here. When I entered my id and password I got a message saying that I need an eligible Spectrum TV subscription to use the app. Error code is SLI-1012

• Cwh1972Cwh1972 Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018
    This is beyond ridiculous. After experiencing several other error codes last week it worked over the past weekend. And now Tuesday it's giving me another new error code. I've done all the trouble shooting. Rebooted the modem and router. Re booted my Roku and uninstalled and then reinstalled the app. All of which I've done several times this morning. No luck...and best of all I've been on hold for going on 18 minutes with spectrum to discuss this issue.
  • dellarangodellarango Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018

Having exact same issue. Also got the same error code

• sjackson417sjackson417 Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018
    My iPad says there working to restore services. Also says my Guide is unavailable
  • mcbvcbmcbvcb Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018

I'm not sure what has triggered this but, lately, I've had to restart my modem multiple times for various problems with spectrum tv app for roku. Now, for the last two days, I've gotten this error code, rge 1001. I am so sick of paying for a product that doesn't work and am seriously considering going back to direct tv.  We never had this much trouble with them.  Note to spectrum:  I shouldn't have to reboot your modem every time I want to use your app!

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,243 ADMIN
    Jun 26, 2018

All, 

We are aware of the current issues with the Spectrum TV App, My Account and Email. Fix teams are engaged and are currently working towards a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• youngcat60youngcat60 Posts: 8
    Jun 26, 2018

Thanks James, can i offer a suggestion again, that you have a section in the forum or some easy way for users to see when there are service interruptions and estimated up times if available. It would also be nice to have a message when the issues have been resolved.

I have asked for this repeatedly, why doesn’t Spectrum think this is useful?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,243 ADMIN
    Jun 26, 2018

@youngcat60

Thanks for the feedback.  We are continually and actively looking at the best ways to reach the most customers when there are issues impacting services.  

• LarryJLarryJ Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018
    I’m new to Spectrum and have the Roku, I love the Roku for continuity and convenience. My other tv apps work fine! But I find that the Spectrum TV app is severely clunky, laggy and definitely needs some upgrading. It felt like we’re doing dial up! It’s 2018. The error codes and sometiminess just isn’t worth the price we have to pay...just sayin...
    Today I tried to just catch up on the news before going out...couldn’t do it! Code after code...not happy.
  • mgeorgevich7135mgeorgevich7135 Posts: 17
    Jun 26, 2018

This is ridiculous!!! This has been going on for over a week now. My Spectrum TV App , HBO Go and others won't work becasue the app doesn't realize  I'm on the Spectrum Internet even though I am on it. How come it is taking so long? Thsi didn't happen when it was just Time Warner, its becasue of the stupid mereger and the greed of the highe r up's. Fix this isseu please!!!!

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Jun 26, 2018

@mgeorgevich7135 wrote:

This is ridiculous!!! This has been going on for over a week now. My Spectrum TV App , HBO Go and others won't work becasue the app doesn't realize  I'm on the Spectrum Internet even though I am on it. How come it is taking so long? Thsi didn't happen when it was just Time Warner, its becasue of the stupid mereger and the greed of the highe r up's. Fix this isseu please!!!!

You can sign into HBO Go from anywhere, not just your home network.

• Sweetv37Sweetv37 Posts: 1
    Jun 27, 2018

We live down here deep South Texas and NEVER had problems with Time Warner app.. Now that the merge has taken place it seems we have issue after issue..as of April 2018 Spectrum has decided to go totally digital which meant any tv with wall cable to tv would no longer work. No big deal we thought because we had been using the app on our Rokus to stream on demand shows...boy were we wrong..last week we decided to try a week free trail with Direct Tv now all and we were pleasantly pleased... We decided to return equipment and terminate services with Spectrum but as we were at the store the rep cut our bill dramatically..so we stayed with Spectrum....well this morning we woke up with Spectruma error message after error message.WHAT A BIG MISTAKE to stay with Spectrum..

• avcahillavcahill Posts: 1
    Jun 27, 2018

I am in southwest Ohio and this has been a continuing problem with Spectrum's Roku app.  I have 2 Roku Premiere+ boxes, 2 Roku 3's, and a Roku TV. The Roku TV and the 2 Premiere+ boxes have been having issues all day today(Tuesday, June 26, 2018). 

I have tried the solution that TimeWarner gave me before Spectrum took over and it has not fixed the problem this time. I would love to get rid of the Spectrum set-top-boxes I have but the unreliability of the Spectrum Roku app makes me wary. Fortunately I was able to watch the Cincinnati Reds game using the Fox Sports Go app this evening and my wife watched The Food Network app on the Roku TV. Too bad every network doesn't have an app that will work on Spectrum's network. Some don't give you the option to sign in via Spectrum. 

Would be great if Spectrum had a site that told you that they know  the app isn't working and that they are working on it and possibly an estimated ETA on the app being fixed. 

Here is the fix that has previously worked for error code RGE-1001:  

Error code: RGE-1001

Here is the work-around provided from Roku for this error:

Step 1: From the Home screen, ask the customer to press the following button press on their remote : Home 3x, Up 2x, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right
    Step 2: Press OK to "Enable installer and restart". This will put the player into developer mode and reboot the player.
    Step 3: Once the player is back to the Homescreen, follow Step 1 again to enter into the Developer Settings screen.
    Step 4: Press OK to Disable installer and restart. This will take the player out of Developer mode.

Once the player is back to the Homescreen, please have the customer try and play content from the TWC Channel.

This should resolve the issue.

Username is rokudev

Password is 1234 

Hope this helps someone. 

• Art_JArt_J Posts: 1
    Jul 02, 2018

RLC-1000 Spectrum App is not signing in on Roku TV.
    If you have tried all the steps removing your Spectrum app, check the hardware that support connection.
    1. I had my 10 year modem replaced by Spectrum. Ask Spectrum how old it is.
    2. Check the age of your router. I replaced mine 3 years ago, while my old router worked ok, it did not have Small Device protocols that were introduced 5(?) years ago.
    That fixed my phone/tablet problem connection years ago.
    3. Remove the Spectrum TV Channel from the Roku
    4. Unplug the Roku TV. I waited 1 day, but I assume its shorter.
    5. Plug in Roku TV
    6. Re-add the Spectrum TV channel.
    Spectrum did fix this problem. Unfortunately no one ever replies on these forums if resolved.

This discussion has been closed.