Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

MY ACCOUNT KNOWN ISSUE 6/26/18

James_MJames_M Posts: 2,081 ADMIN

All, 

We are aware of the current issues with the Spectrum TV App, My Account and Email. Fix teams are engaged and are currently working towards a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,081 ADMIN
    Jun 28, 2018 Accepted Answer

Everyone, 

Thanks for your patience.  As of early today, this issue has been closed and has been resolved.  If you continue to see an issue with your My account access, please contact support directly.

Please contact us at: 

Replies

• RAIST5150RAIST5150 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Jun 26, 2018
    Spectrum ID authentication seems to be improving... only took 2 retries to get into the forums just now (wasn't a typo problem... using saved credentials).

However slight it may be, progress just the same.
  • SpongeboberSpongebober Posts: 47
    Jun 26, 2018
    Too bad they pretend the my twc app is fine
  • JnLJnL Posts: 2
    Jun 26, 2018

AGREED!!!

• jcohnoxljcohnoxl Posts: 2
    Jun 26, 2018

So boring.  It used to just be a weekend thing. I really didn't mind since I subscribed. For a few simple reasons. I already pay for internet service and with MY own modem it is very reliable but definitely not cheap price wise. The only reason I subscribed to their streaming service was for local news. Now every morning the Spectrum app is down. No longer a fan. I will be canceling my stream service.  When I can actually get a hold a the correct department. So far, every time I call it's 3 transfers and 2 different telephone numbers later. 

• cpikulinskicpikulinski Posts: 5
    Jun 26, 2018

For the past three hours, cannot log into account and the online tv app doesn't work.

How does this happen?

• LongtimeSubLongtimeSub Posts: 2
    Jun 26, 2018

Still down???? Do actual engineers work on this issue? I've been with Time Warner for a very long time and these constant up and down times for this is unbelieveable, it never used to be this way.

• LongtimeSubLongtimeSub Posts: 2
    Jun 26, 2018
    Has this been posted on Facebook?
  • ImpactplayaImpactplaya Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018

You could at least give us an idea on when the the problem may be fixed. You people are lucky you have no real competition for cable service here.  I'm a long time customer and I believe in loyalty, but I'm tired of this mess!

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,081 ADMIN
    Jun 26, 2018

@LongtimeSub

You are welcome to reach out on Facebook for direct assistance

I will also post an update to this thread when the network team reports that the issue is resolved.  Keep in mind that you may see services restored before the update is posted here.  There is no estimated time available, but services will be restored as quickly as possible.  

• km1km1 Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018

Ya' know its funny- I just spent  1 frustrating hour on the phone with you people yesterday and was finally set up correctly for Spectrum TV choice. The first day as a tv customer and it doesn't work?  Nice. Not exactly a great first impression. Get it together Spectrum. I have no problem cancelling. Cable isn't something we have to have anyway.

• brg061356brg061356 Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018

For local TV use a digital antennae, Right now I set 26 channels which includes CBS, ABC, NBC, ION etc. Right now the Spectrum app is not working. Erroe RLP-1025

• SpongeboberSpongebober Posts: 47
    Jun 26, 2018
    That's why I'm afraid to get Choice or Stream. The app breaks every week and the watch spectrum website that streams channels is still Flash.
  • Walter1Walter1 Posts: 1
    Jun 26, 2018

Still, still down????? We can access our, My Account now but we continue to receive an error when trying to access TV/On Demand via computer.  Still receive the error that follows below. Anyone else???

Service Unavailable

We're sorry, something didn't work quite right. Please try again.

If you contact us, please provide this error code: WPC-1005

Jun 27, 2018

@James_M wrote:

All, 

We are aware of the current issues with the Spectrum TV App, My Account and Email. Fix teams are engaged and are currently working towards a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

29501 Market seems to be "mostly" OK now, just a few glaring exceptions.

We seem to be authenticating for My Account, email, and Spectrum TV apps on the Roku's and Phones just fine.... but we have finally been hit with the loss of all local channels via Spectrum Stream.  In our market, it is somewhere north of 20 channels because of the extra side channels like the dedicated 24/7weather forecast/radar, Bounce, MeTV, ThisTV, etc. that come with each of the core channels for ABC/CBS/FOX/CW/ETV.

Nothing is available from 100 down on the channel list.  However, we get everything in the package from channel 101 and up (including the HD version of C-SPAN), except for the HD versions of all the locals that used to show up before (for example, a local on channel 09 would show again as 1209, etc.).

The only thing that is still completely out of whack is watch.spectrum.net.  It was the ONLY thing that gave me an actual error code (WPC-1005).  IDK if that error is any help... but that is all I've managed to capture so far in our market.

Wish them the best of luck hunting down the proverbial needle in a haystack.

Jun 27, 2018

@James_M wrote:

All, 

Looks like things just recovered in Florence, SC (29501 zip)

Had been mostly working with a few exceptions, but it appears to be fully back now.  Local Channels are back, Android and Roku apps working properly, etc.  Web App is properly verifying/warning about needing flash plugin again, yada yada.

So, it looks like we are on the mend again as far as authentication and CDN availability here (provided internet is stable, which may be a different story in some areas).   Hopefully this is rolling to other markets now.

This discussion has been closed.