Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Cable outage in NE Ohio

PaynehousearPaynehousear Posts: 1
in TV Equipment Jul 05, 2018

All cable out. No answers online or phone. It's been an hour.

Comments

• Kyle1Kyle1 Posts: 1
    Jul 05, 2018
    Same here can't even get service on the line due to many calls. Box just updated now just powers on...blk screen then off. Tried rebooting all troubleshooting ect...Nothing but issues since box.
  • Chongo11Chongo11 Posts: 1
    Jul 05, 2018

my box came back on but has a different, basic interface. no menu or dvr available, saved favorites are gone. some channels are gone too. reboot did not help.

• DelspopDelspop Posts: 1
    Jul 06, 2018
    Mine is doing the same thing.
  • BigGBigG Posts: 2
    Jul 06, 2018
    I have Code IA01 error?
  • dfoleydfoley Posts: 1
    Jul 06, 2018

Live Chat #886 in que and cannot call in. Error code IA01 on everything and won't reboot

• McegelkaMcegelka Posts: 3
    Jul 06, 2018
    Error code IA01. Error starting initial app. Out over an hour.
  • mbooey270mbooey270 Posts: 1
    Jul 06, 2018

I have the same error code IAO1 message.  The problem is the software in our boxes must be updated which can only be done through the CISCO network. You need to unplug your box wait 30 sec then plug it back in and make sure the box is not on. You will eventually get a message stating boot and then a Pending message. None of us will have service until the new software is downloaded onto out boxes. It may take at least 30min for the download once it starts. I have the PEND message on my screen now. 

In the mean time ,if you have a smart TV and can or have downloaded the Spectrum app you can watch your cable throgh it. 

• kelleherjwkelleherjw Posts: 2
    Jul 06, 2018

TWC used to have outage info on their website.  I haven't found anything about troubleshooting for an area outage on this site.  We had a bad thunderstorm about 2 hrs ago and I saw a couple of their trucks parked about an hour ago.  Svc here still out.

• KdepierroKdepierro Posts: 1
    Jul 06, 2018

I got through about an hour ago.  It is an area wide problem with the cabe.  Internet appears to be fine.  The IA01 error code is what I'm seeing too.  They could not give me an ETA for repairing the problem but the are aware of it and working on it.   FYI, I told the rep that they would have a LOT less calls to deal with if they would update their automated announcements and tell people that they are aware and working on it.  I was number 605 in the queu earlier and gave up on that.  

• McegelkaMcegelka Posts: 3
    Jul 06, 2018
    Me too
  • NEONEO Posts: 1
    Jul 06, 2018
    Still out...!
  • brickkenbrickken Posts: 2
    Jul 06, 2018

Me too

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,080 ADMIN
    Jul 06, 2018

Everyone,

Technicians continue to work to resolve the video service issues that are currently impacting customers in the Ohio region.  Thank you for your patience.  There is no estimated time for the repairs to be completed. 

• kelleherjwkelleherjw Posts: 2
    Jul 06, 2018

Can you give us a little more detail?  It helps one's patience.  Affected area?  Suspected cause of the outage?

• Esquire414Esquire414 Posts: 3
    Jul 06, 2018

Me too.  No response from Time Warner/Spectrum. They don’t answer phone. 

Jul 06, 2018

Terrible customer service. At least put a recorded message indicating they know of the problem and are working on it. 

Jul 06, 2018

Mine is coming back. Power down, unplug for 30seconds, plug power back in. Rebooted and seems to be coming up now 

• Rjohn01Rjohn01 Posts: 1
    Jul 06, 2018
    Utilize the spectrum Tv App
  • Frustrated1970Frustrated1970 Posts: 2
    Jul 06, 2018

50 minutes in queue for the online chat for the customer service representative  to say, we are experiencing techincal difficulties in your area and technicians are working dilligently to solve the issue and there is no ETA. that's just peachy. no comment of what the issue is. no ETA to solve the issue. just "we know. thank you for your patience". My patience ran out 90 minutes ago.

• simoneninasimonenina Posts: 2
    Jul 06, 2018
    And refunds?
  • karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 06, 2018

So do you think that if the phone dudes told you what the problem was you could get it fixed faster?  Let them do their jobs safely - it's no fun working outdoors on a night like this when trees, cables,  and power are down across the area due to the very obvious nasty weather!

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 06, 2018

TV has been back up since about 22:20, after one false start followed by a full converter reboot at 22:08.   Internet has been up since I got home at 21:15. 

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,635 helper
    Jul 06, 2018

Yes,

I was following this Ohio outage on the @Ask Spectrum page on Twitter.  Unfortunately, most of the time for an unexpected outage, the reps cannot give an Estimated Repair Time (ERT) because they have to assess how severe the damage is, and whether it is local or nationwide. A main break in the cable fiber depending on where it is located in the chain and the nodes affected can take several hours.  Probably a local issue, but a severe local issue.  Nationwide issues, longer time.  In the thirty years I have had cable, I don't recall being without service for more than 12 hours.  I can count the number of times that I have had techs here on one hand.  A very good record.

If it's something like planned mainteince, than they will often have a restoration time on the Customer Care Callcenter voicemail.  But not for unexpected outages.

How's it going now?  You can always call and request credit for the outage.

Satch

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,080 ADMIN
    Jul 11, 2018

This issue has been resolved.  If you are experiencing a similar issue, please start a new thread or contact support directly.

This discussion has been closed.