Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Do i have to buy a new phone?

JTJT Posts: 4
in Spectrum Mobile Aug 20, 2018

Do i have to buy a new phone or can i bring my own phone to use with Spectrum Mobile? 

Best Answer

Replies

• PBBPBB Posts: 1
    Aug 21, 2018

Do you anticpate allowing BYOP?  At least for people that are already on Verizon?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,110 ADMIN
    Aug 21, 2018

@PBB

BYOP will be added in the future, however there is not a time frame currently available.  The link provided above will have the most current information when BYOP becomes available as well as available devices.  

Thanks!  

• PortlandMEPortlandME Posts: 2
    Sep 24, 2018

Any update on bring your own phone (BYOP) availability?  I'm ready to switch as soon as this capability is available!

• joycestaubinjoycestaubin Posts: 1
    Oct 16, 2018

Would love to go from Verizon to Spectrum, but having four phones in the family, no BYOD is a no go. 

• datwaterdatwater Posts: 8
    Oct 28, 2018

Same.  Just waiting on byop support and I'll ditch verizon.  don't want to rebuy phones again after just getting new ones this year.

• twhtwh Posts: 1
    Oct 29, 2018

Ditto.  4 users.  Buying 4 new phones makes no sense.  I hope this restriction is temporary while they work out the bugs. Otherwise, I can't see how the service grows at a profitable rate. 

• BhstepheBhstephe Posts: 2
    Oct 31, 2018
    I’m waiting for BYOD to switch.
  • LesFrustrésLesFrustrés Posts: 1
    Nov 30, 2018
    I have an Unlocked by Samsung® Note 9 and an unlocked SIM-free iPhone 7 Plus. I would like to bring them to Spectrum Mobile.
This discussion has been closed.