Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Spectrum TV on iOS issues and error IOD-9000

So, the plot thickens. 

After experiencing terminal issues with the Spectrum TV app for Roku after months of functioning just fine, I thought I’d resort to watching VOD from my iOS devices. 

But, they don’t work either!

So I’ll openly speculate that it’s highly improbable that both the iPhone and iPad Spectrum TV apps are broken (along with the Spectrum TV Roku app), and more likely this is yet another issue that resides deep inside Spectrum’s own streaming infrastructure. 

Here’s a screencap from my iPad. I have a similar screencap from my iPhone showing the exact same error, IOD-9000.

And I’ve rebooted both my Spectrum-provided Arris cable modem and Wave 2 WiFi router. 

7C569AAA-B6B1-4956-A128-653FD0BCD45D.png

Comments

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,080 admin
    Feb 26, 2019

IOD-9000 is a general authentication error.   Since restarting the modem did not resolve the issue, please try resetting the password.  This will force the system to update and usually resolves most authentication issues.  

If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance and troubleshooting.

Please contact us at: 

• Toe_CutterToe_Cutter Posts: 8
    Feb 28, 2019
    Thanks James.

I’ll do this later this evening and reply back with results. Any chance this might help similar issues on Roku?

Thanks!
  • James_MJames_M Posts: 2,080 admin
    Feb 28, 2019

Yes, it should.  Sometimes it is also an entitlement issue where your account profile "forgets" the TV credentials.  The password change will usually fix it, otherwise, contact us directly and technical repair can your profile working again.  

• Schaafs677Schaafs677 Posts: 2
    Mar 05, 2019

Nothing works. For 4 days, IOD 9000 keeps coming up, and I still can not watch on demand! What am I paying for if I can’t watch any programs!

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,168 Lead Mod
    Mar 06, 2019

IOD-9000 is a general authentication error.   Since restarting the modem did not resolve the issue, please try resetting the password.  This will force the system to update and usually resolves most authentication issues.  

If the issue is not resolved, we encourage you to contact support directly for further assistance and troubleshooting.

Please contact us at: 

• linh_nlinh_n Posts: 1
    Mar 07, 2019

I have the same issue: Live streaming works fine, but VOD will generate IOD-9000 error.  I have power cycled the modem and the router but that did not resolved my issue.  However, the issue goes away if I switch my cell phone over to my Verizon cell service, then I can watch the VOD--this tells me that it is not an authentication issue.

• Karenjames2015Karenjames2015 Posts: 1
    Mar 11, 2019
    Same issue here. Don’t bother calling cs; they don’t know how to fix issue either.
  • ABW1ABW1 Posts: 1
    Mar 14, 2019
    I’m having the exact same issue. Called support days ago and was told it was an issue on your end that was being worked on. It is still happening—an error message while trying to watch on demand on laptop or phone. How do we get a discount for weeks worth of incomplete Spectrum service? Don’t want to pay full price for half service.
  • MtclegalMtclegal Posts: 2
    Mar 16, 2019

I have been having the same issue - tried all the suggestions and then also deleted and reinstalled app, restarted modem, restarted iPad, etc. etc. - same error message all week. Obviously this is an issue for several customers - I’ve been using app with no problems then suddenly this issue started. Update indicated it was to fix issues but did not. If can’t watch on demand the service is useless to me. Anyone have luck resolving this?

• Cbmusicgroup247Cbmusicgroup247 Posts: 3
    Mar 21, 2019
    I'm having the same problem on my iPad out the blue. It was fine. Now not working. Uninstalled it twice. Shut down the modem and changed my pw on my modem. Still not working. Called Spectrum and all they did was write a ticket and said sorry no guarantees. I'm done. I use my IPad to watch TV in my kitchen. Not everyone has an open concept home. I'm disappointed in how they treat us and the situation.
    Mar 21, 2019
    Contacting technical support so they can write a dang ticket like they did me and I still can't use the app on my iPad.
  • agray1agray1 Posts: 1
    Mar 26, 2019

Same issue, IOD-9000 error on all our ios devices.   ODV worked for some time then just stopped.  A few calls into support but so far no change.  The two individuals I’ve spoken with have never heard of this issue.   Pushed out my profile, uninstall and reinstall, restart the modem, etc....  zippo.  

• unsatisfiedcustunsatisfiedcust Posts: 2
    Mar 26, 2019

This is very frustrating. I want to know what are you doing to fix this issue? I think at this point, it is implied that I do not have to go into detail about the issue I am referring to. Just refer to the several hundred other complaints on this forum. 

• VickieBVickieB Posts: 1
    Mar 26, 2019
    I am having this exact same issue. When does it get to the point of contacting Consumer Protection? I changed the name on my WIFI... deleted, and downloaded the app several times only to keep getting the message. When I used my iPad as a hotspot, it worked, although kept buffering and cost me data.
    Mar 27, 2019
    Power off IPad or IPhone. When you reboot no more errors. Too bad Spectrum giving wrong info. Apple told me how to fix.
  • CrayeCraye Posts: 1
    Mar 28, 2019
    I have turned off my iPhone and iPad several times and I still get the same error. Spectrum Tech Support told me that they are aware of the problem and working to resolve it. I just have to keep trying until they fix it. Krazy!!
  • ktanderson8ktanderson8 Posts: 1
    Mar 30, 2019

Same for me; I have turned off my iPad, rebooted the modem, and restarted the ipad and still have the same ILP-9000 error.   It is also interesting that it is only for certain channels... MSNBC gives the error, but NBCSN does not.   This has been going on for a week.   Also, same story on my iphone 7, but not on our roku.  

• skywarnerskywarner Posts: 1
    Mar 31, 2019

VOD simply DOES NOT WORK on any of the following platforms:

• iOS
    • Apple TV
    • Android.

VOD does work when using a set top box or Roku streaming.

Spectrum customers really deserve better; my next email will be to the state’s Public Service Commission (the agency which governs rate hikes).

• MtclegalMtclegal Posts: 2
    Mar 31, 2019
    Have you had any luck with a fix for the iod-9000 issue? I’ve been having the same problem on all devices - restarted all devices , reset modem, uninstalled and reinstalled app, installed app on a device that had never had it . . . Cannot watch on demand on any device - keep getting IOD-9000 error!!
This discussion has been closed.