Just got the 210 that replaced an Arris 3200, ugh... Can I buy a used Arris?
To say that I am disappointed is an understatement. I wish I had come to the forum BEFORE replacing boxes, but I've never been disappointed like this in the past.
- The 210 can not see DVR from my current Arris 3600. I was told about this ahead of time, still doesn't make it right. We've got 3 boxes in our house and in the past I've had 3 different box manufacturers running at the same time and both non Arris boxes could see the DVR on the Arris 3600. Why can't the 210 talk to the Arris?!?
- Caller ID does not work on my new 210.
- DVR on the 210 does not let you specify how many episodes to keep. Seriously, this may be the DUMBEST change and sets the box back by like 3 generations alone!
- I agree with others - the new guide is not user friendly (to be kind).
- Its only been 2 weeks, but i am really starting to dislike the new remote.
My question: I've noticed many Arris 3600's for sale on places like Ebay. Since Spectrum will not give me another Arris, can I buy a used one and have it activated? Do I need to find a used TWC Arris or will any Arris get the job Done?
Basically, I'm paying $13 bucks/month for the crappy Spectrum 210 dvr box that only allows me to rewind a couple shows at a time... I can't believe all the other functionality I lost with a new box. If I can't buy a new Arris, you can be darn sure I'll be getting a new Roku stick and use the spectrum app.
Nice work Spectrum, I thought new boxes were supposed to be improvements?!?