Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

New Box Model 201

JKellyJKelly Posts: 67
in TV Equipment Nov 11, 2019

Just received a new cable box. The old one quit. I noticed that I lost the Caller ID feature on the screen. Anyone know about this? 

Comments

  • toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Nov 11, 2019

    @JKelly wrote:

    Just received a new cable box. The old one quit. I noticed that I lost the Caller ID feature on the screen. Anyone know about this? 


    You got a world box which runs the Spectrum Guide platform which is the worst box you can get from Spectrum due to all the software stability issues and the missing features like caller id on TV. If the caller id tv is a deal breaker I would exchange the box in store for one that runs on the Navigator platform.

  • JKellyJKelly Posts: 67
    Nov 11, 2019

    Thanks. Any suggestions on a box model with 4 or more tuners?

  • SatchSatch Posts: 3,628 helper
    Nov 11, 2019

    @JKelly wrote:

    Thanks. Any suggestions on a box model with 4 or more tuners?


    Ditto on the World Boxes,

     

    All you can hope for is a rare, but great six-tuner DVR box.  If a Spectrum Store has the Cisco 9865 or the Arris 3600-M, THAT is what you should have.  You will get your clock back, your Caller ID on TV back within 24hours of installing that box, and the better ODN Navigator Guide.

     

    But you have to act soon.  It is getting to the point where all they are giving out are the new Word Boxes.

     

    Satch

  • toolman1990toolman1990 Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    Nov 11, 2019

    @Satch wrote:

    @JKelly wrote:

    Thanks. Any suggestions on a box model with 4 or more tuners?


    Ditto on the World Boxes,

     

    All you can hope for is a rare, but great six-tuner DVR box.  If a Spectrum Store has the Cisco 9865 or the Arris 3600-M, THAT is what you should have.  You will get your clock back, your Caller ID on TV back within 24hours of installing that box, and the better ODN Navigator Guide.

     

    But you have to act soon.  It is getting to the point where all they are giving out are the new Word Boxes.

     

    Satch


    I agree with Satch, you should try to obtain a six tuner DVR at a Spectrum store. If you can not find a six tuner DVR your only other alternative would be the two tuner DVR set top box. 

This discussion has been closed.