Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.

cfojoe139cfojoe139 Posts: 2
in Email Jan 11, 2020

Error message:  account is locked by another session or for maintenance, try again.

My Spectrum roadrunner rr.com email account not working on pc. Get this message when I attempt to access email. Spectrum support changed password worked for awhile but started again. Called support many times no help.
Can get email on webmail ok. but doesnt work on Outlook and Incredimail.

Sub email account works ok.

Comments

• wickerberrywickerberry Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    Jan 11, 2020

I use Office 365 Outlook as an email client for Spectrum email and I used to see this error very infrequently maybe once a month, since on or around 12/16/19 I get this error almost daily when connecting to Spectrum email through the 365 client and have to do several send/receive to pull in in email it will eventually work and is not a password issue. There was a system wide email problem on 12/16  but I would not know if this caused it or something was changed in the Spectrum email infrastructure to correct the 12/16 problem that introduced the frequent locking error, the timing however is coincidental that the account locked error is now a daily issue after 12/16.

• cfojoe139cfojoe139 Posts: 2
    Jan 11, 2020

Thanks for your reply.

Is a daily issue here also.

Called Spectrum a few times. They keep saying that they are aware of the problem and their engineers are working to resolve. Been over a month not resolved.

Funny thing is that a sub email account I have on my account works perfectly, the main account does not.

• wickerberrywickerberry Posts: 23 ✭✭✭
    Jan 12, 2020

It would be helpful if one of the forum moderators looked into the status of this issue, in my experience the email system is currently unreliable. 

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,167 Lead Mod
    Jan 12, 2020

For direct assistance we would encourage you to contact Social Media Customer Service team.

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,

Julia 

This discussion has been closed.