SB6190 Modem consistently gets 250Mbps speeds on 400Mbps service - not sure why....
As the subject indicates, I have an issue with my SB6190 modem (on the Spectrum approved modem list for 400Mbps service) getting the full speed of my service. The modem consistently gets around 250Mbps of download speed on 400Mbps service. The wierd thing is that if I reboot the SB6190 I will get over 400Mbps download speed for about 10 minutes and then it drops back to a consistent 250Mbps download speed. Any ideas as to what is going on? Would a new DOCSIS 3.1 modem (in lieu of my current DOCSIS 3.0 modem) solve the problem?
IAW with the data posting sticky here are my particulars:
- Zip Code of service: 28150 (Shelby, NC - near Charlotte)
- Type of home: Single family home
- Spectrum Services: 400Mbps Internet Service (Internet only - no other services)
- Make/Model of Modem: Arris Surfboard SB6190
- Modem firmware: 9.1.93V
- Coax connection: RG6
- Spectrum equipment information page on my account:
- Downstream/Upstream information: