Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

Netflix stopping with my Cable box and Samsung 55" HDTV

comcomcomcom Posts: 34

When I press the Netflix tab at the bottom of my Samsung screen the Netflix logo appears. Then the menu appears. I select a movie and the movie starts correclty and then, within seconds, the screen turns to the last TV channel I was watching. This has been happening for the last week. It takes about 5 trys for the movie to work as expected.

Amazon Prime works correctly.

I've rebooted the cable box several times.

Got suggestion?

Thanks, Kerry 

Comments

• LGTLGT Posts: 98 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 22, 2020

Unless something has radically changed with Spectrum, your Spectrum cable box and Netflix have nothing to do with each other. If you do use Spectrum for your internet, Netflix will use that for its streaming data feed, but that comes through your cable modem. 

If I could make a guess as to what is going on I assume Netflix is an app on your Samsung smart TV. When you start the app it crashes and then your TV defaults to the Spectrum cable box signal after the crash since it is the only active signal.  This would indicate a problem between your Netflix app and your TV, but it really does not involve your cable box so resetting it will have no effect. 

Now if your Netflix app is crashing it could involve Spectrum if there is a problem with your internet, but that would involve your internet modem not your cable box. You would probably notice other internet problems though if that were the case. 

As I say all this is a best guess from the information you have provided. 

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan 22, 2020

I assume you aren't accessing the Netflix app via a Spectrum 210 DVR box but rather the built in app on the tv, right?

I agree with @LGT based on the info provided. This sounds like an issue with the Netflix app on your Samsung tv and would require you contact Netflix and/or Samsung directly.

• comcomcomcom Posts: 34
    Jan 27, 2020

Thanks LTG and reds91185, I understand it now.

Netflix is an app that Samsung provides. I'll check with them because it used to work correctly.

• comcomcomcom Posts: 34
    Mar 28, 2020

Samsung did a reboot and it works correctly now.

This discussion has been closed.