Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

on demand not available error HL1000 constantly on all boxes

falconearfalconear Posts: 1

We have reset all boxes several times and unplug them several times and still on demand is not avalible. been going on for 2 days now. 

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,110 ADMIN
    Feb 13, 2020 Accepted Answer

HL1000 is an authentication error.  This usually means that there is an issue either with the equipment or the signal.  Since you mention that it happens on all boxes, I'm going to assume it is a signal issue.  It's likely that you've also seen other symptoms, such as pixelation.   

The next step would be for you to contact us to investigate further.   Please contact us directy at: 

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 3,641 helper
    Feb 13, 2020

@falconear wrote:

We have reset all boxes several times and unplug them several times and still on demand is not avalible. been going on for 2 days now. 

Hello,

Where are you located?  (City, State, and Zip.)  Generally, problems with On Demand are related to signal or line issues.  If this issue is not resolved by tomorrow, contact Spectrum for a signal and drop-line test.

Avoid rebooting any boxes, modems, or routers for six hours prior to your service call.  Reboots will reset the signal error codes back to zero.  Box swaps will NEVER solve signal problems.  There is something in your line or node location that is preventing On Demand from playing.  Also, what is the make and model of your cable box?

Satch

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 14, 2020

This might be your day for a miracle cure.  I just got an email notice that Spectrum (Midwest-Columbus OH) will be zapping their network CMTS and our set-top boxes tonight starting at midnight.  They did say that streaming will NOT be affected. 

Unfortunately, I think that note might have been sent out a day late, since they reset our box LAST night at about 00:50, 15 minutes into Seth Meyers on NBC.  Let's see if the box gets a second restart tonight.

This discussion has been closed.