Welcome to the Spectrum Community

Get answers, share solutions, help your community.

Start here

TWC legacy to Spectrum shift

samhasaquestionsamhasaquestion Posts: 1
in Connectivity Jun 12, 2020

Hello!

New member here trying to understand the whole TWC legacy mumbo jumbo. So, I called the customer center to ask about migrating from TWC legacy package to Spectrum. I pay a lower rate on TWC legacy but was told that I'd have to pay a higher rate to transfer to spectrum because spectrum bought TWC. There is no difference in speed or upgrade options.

I was told that Spectrum will offer Modem+ router combo for an additional rental fee but I have my own device now. 

Is it necessary to migrate from TWC legacy to Spectrum?

Is it necessary to rent a spectrum modem/router for a higher rate?

How does Spectrum compare to ATT or Google Fiber in OC, CA?

Comments

• reds91185reds91185 Posts: 2,452
    Jun 12, 2020

Rates for your legacy plan vs. Spectrum plans all depend on the location, tier, and package options.  For tv packages, channel lineups may be different between TWC and Spectrum packages.

Legacy TWC internet plans have modem lease fees, Spectrum internet plans do not. Note that Spectrum plans also do not discount the price if you use your own modem. You can avoid the wifi fee if you use your own router. 

It is currently not necessary to migrate to a Spectrum plan if you are happy with your legacy TWC plan. 

As far as how Spectrum compares to AT&T, Google, etc., it all depends on what you're looking for, all use different technologies, and all have their pros and cons that would make listing them out here too numerous. If you're referring to internet speeds...AT&T Fiber and Google Fiber likely offer higher upload speeds if that is important to you.