Roku Ultra and Cloud DVR - Weird Playback/Time Issue

I recorded the MNF game between the Chiefs and Ravens, and made sure to record 5 min before start and 30 minutes past the end of the game. For good measure, I also recorded the show that followed the MNF game in case it went into overtime.

When I went to rewatch on the Spectrum channel on my Roku Ultra, it looks like it recorded until 10:58 PM (central). When I watch it on the app on my Roku, when I get to 10:58 PM, it's only just getting to half-time. Half the game is missing. If I playback the next show, I only see the last 1-2 minutes of the game. On my phone, the Spectrum TV app seems to have the complete game recorded.

There's something weird going on with the playback, where somehow the Spectrum channel on the Roku Ultra is treating the first half of the game as if it's 3.5-4 hrs long, which obviously isn't the case, though the entire game plays back on my phone. Anyone else have this issue, or know how to file a bug for the app/channel?

Comments

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,459 ADMIN
    edited October 6 Oct 05, 2020

Thank you for bringing this error to our attention. At this time there is an issue with Roku firmware. Roku HQ is working towards a resolution.

• customer8675309customer8675309 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Oct 06, 2020

Thanks @James_M - From your comment, I'm assuming Roku is fixing the issue (since it's a firmware issue). Do you know what firmware version/release should have the fix?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 2,459 ADMIN
    Oct 06, 2020

Unfortunately, there is no additional information available at this time.

• JVJ83JVJ83 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Oct 17, 2020

I don't think this is a Roku firmware problem - I think it is with the Spectrum App for Roku. Some have also seen it on the Apple TV spectrum app.

This discussion has been closed.