Anyone having problems with Hitron modem?

CliffSCliffS Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 20 in Connectivity Sep 20, 2020

I just installed the new Hitron modem (model EN2251) I received (unsolicited) from Spectrum. It lost connection three times in a day, then rebooted itself. I contacted Spectrum, but they saw no connection losses on their side. This is very frustrating. My old modem, which I had for 2 years, NEVER lost connection.

Anyone else having issues with this modem?

Best Answer

Replies

• karlbeckmankarlbeckman Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭
    Sep 21, 2020

If you don't like the modem that Spectrum provides as part of your internet service, you are permitted to purchase your own modem, provided that it is on Spectrum's list of devices approved for customer purchase and installation. However, they are legally obligated to make your service fubctional only with the modem models they provide to customers. If yours doesn't work it becomes your problem.

• CliffSCliffS Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Sep 23, 2020

Thank you for the response. I am aware that I have the option of purchasing my own (approved) modem. My question was whether others have experienced issues with the Hitron. If not, I can have Spectrum swap it out as it might be defective. If others have an issue, I'll probably buy my own.

• HB128HB128 Posts: 13 ✭✭✭
    Oct 16, 2020

My internet was flaking out for the past month - and I had 3 technician visits to no avail. In that time I had my own modem, and (2) different Hitron modem(same model) - and the issue was still re-occuring. Just a few days ago - I went and bought my own modem - Netgear CM1200 - and so far it's been holding steady for the last 2 days.

• billccbillcc Posts: 1
    Nov 07, 2020

same issue with the modem, it coud disconnect for a few seconds once a day or multiple times an hour

• asdf_123asdf_123 Posts: 1
    Nov 07, 2020

My Hitron does the same thing. The Charter customer support I spoke to and comments above make it sound like there are not widespread issues with this model but several threads here indicate otherwise. The fact that both the rep above and the person I spoke to acknowledged that they will replace the Hitron with a different model is telling. I'm looking at buying my own replacement. My decade old Motorola Docsis 3.0 modem never had the issues I'm having with the Hitron. As a test I re-activated my old Motorola and my frequent daily drops have gone away.

• misterjmisterj Posts: 119 ✭✭✭✭
    Nov 07, 2020

asdf_123, what plan do you have on your Hitron DOCSIS 3.1 and what plan did you have on your 3.0 modem? Please post a screenshot of the statistics in your 3.0 modem. Thanks and enjoy, John.

• CharlesSCharlesS Posts: 1
    Nov 11, 2020

I am having the same issue with the Hitron...had random reboots throught the day for several weeks. I contact Spectrum and they offered to replace both the modem and router units. I received the new devices (same models as I had), hooked them up and all was fine for 2 days...then the issues started again. on a side note, I see that they have severely restricted access to router settings to SSID and password changes only.