**NEW** Advanced Search Options

We recently added advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts on the community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options

Welcome to the Community!

If you are looking for something specific, please use the search bar to check if someone else has asked or answered the same question before posting a new question. Check out our Community Instructions for other FAQ's.

Packet loss since area wide outage on 10/2

AdamH2020AdamH2020 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 17 in Internet 2020 Archive Oct 16, 2020

I live in Grand Prairie TX and we had an area wide outage on 10/2/20 that lasted about 3 hours. Ever since then I've had intermittent packet loss that has been getting worse over time. Im at 25% packet loss right now and basically can't do anything other than surf the web. Video & gaming is not an option right now. It sucks because my kids rely on the internet for school and they cannot attend.

I am on "Extreme Internet" plan which is 50/5 (speed test shows 70/5) which is sufficient for my household. We only use one or two devices at a time. And I use my own SB6141 modem. I know I don't need a faster plan. The low plan has worked flawlessly for us until that outage and I'm paying $60/mo for it..

I had a technician out couple of days ago who said everything checks out and it might be my modem. Of course there was no packet loss while he was here. But I had another tech come out tonight who saw the packet loss and confirmed it is a problem is with Spectrum and not my equipment and gave me his cell # and his supervisors cell # and said they would call me with an update tomorrow.

I really hope they can get to the bottom of it quickly because my kids need a stable internet connection for school.

Best Answer

• AdamH2020AdamH2020 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Oct 17, 2020 Accepted Answer

Line tech came out today and disconnected a customer that was feeding back really bad noise. That was 3 hours ago. Haven't had a single packet lost since. Fingers crossed but I think that was it.

Replies

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,603 Lead Mod
    Oct 16, 2020

Welcome to the Spectrum Community.

Sounds like you are in good hands. Please let us know how it goes!

Julia_R

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,603 Lead Mod
    Oct 17, 2020

@AdamH2020 Glad to hear it!

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.