Thumbnail previews when fast forwarding/rewind

FinzzFinzz Posts: 2 ✭✭

Any word from anyone about the Spectrum app on Roku showing preview windows when you FF or REW a cloud dvr recording? Most of, if not all, the streaming providers have this functionality.

As it currently works, you have to guess when to play when FFing past commercials. It would be nice if it wasn’t a trial and error type of experience.

Thanks!

Replies

• markinohiomarkinohio Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Aug 31, 2020

Of the MANY things that suck about the Spectrum App, this is the one that bothers me most. I can't believe that you can't see where you're at when fast forwarding. Most of the time, it would be quicker to just watch the commercials for the amount of time it takes going back and forth trying to find where to resume the show after the commercials. Why can't this be corrected? For the amount of $$$ being charged, this is unacceptable.

• JimG19JimG19 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Sep 22, 2020

The lack of thumbnails for the roku ( I understand Apple TV has them) is frustrating. And beyond frustrating is their months long problem with watching recordings (repeating loop) if the show is still airing. They either do not have any programmers or do not give a damn. Which is it Spectrum?

• Road_Work_AheadRoad_Work_Ahead Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Oct 07, 2020

I agree this would be a very useful capability. The 30 sec jump fwd and back that is available on the web page interface would be good also.

• MrsmooseMrsmoose Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Oct 11, 2020

Please provide status of fix for this issue. The absence of thumbnail for FF and RW should be disclosed when marketing.

• JVJ83JVJ83 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Oct 17, 2020

I have the same concerns as the commenters above. Why are these problems taking so long to fix???

• loulewloo9loulewloo9 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Oct 22, 2020

Yes, I agree, it's awful.

I will have to abandon Spectrum TV.

Fast forwarding on a VHS machine from the 80s worked better.

This discussion has been closed.