Nueva comunidad de Spectrum

Hemos creado una comunidad latina para darles a los clientes de habla hispana la opción de hacer preguntas y obtener respuestas en español. Comunidad Latina

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

NETGEAR CM1200 - Only One Locked Upstream Bonded Channel

S4u2KMVJfE0Lxc1zbvoTS4u2KMVJfE0Lxc1zbvoT Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 17 in Internet 2020 Archive Dec 12, 2020

I have a Spectrum-approved NETGEAR CM1200 multi-gig DOCSIS 3.1 modem running Spectrum-approved firmware 1.02.01.

The modem reports only one locked upstream bonded channel. I occasionally experience disconnects.

A Spectrum tech visited my location and came to the conclusion that the problem is with the modem.

NETGEAR product support came to the conclusion that the problem is with the service.

How can I move beyond this finger pointing so that I get reliable connectivity?

Best Answer

Replies

• misterjmisterj Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 12, 2020

S4u2KMVJfE0Lxc1zbvoT, interesting UserID. You can post images directly into the post - no need for external link. What happens soon after a reboot? Please post a screenshot of the statics and the Event Log after a reboot. What service do you pay for? Your SS is interesting because it shows both a DOCIS 3.0 and a 3.1 connection. The 3.0 has only the one US channel and the 3.1 has none. I would suggest you call Netgear support and ask them to explain this. If you are in Warranty period, I would ask for an RMA. Please do a speed test at https://www.nperf.com/en/

and post the results. Thanks, John.

• S4u2KMVJfE0Lxc1zbvoTS4u2KMVJfE0Lxc1zbvoT Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Dec 12, 2020

John, thank you. I corrected the image within the initial post based on your feedback.

Here are the stats, MAC-redacted event logs, and nPerf results after a reboot.

I pay for 100/10 service and the speeds are more or less on par. The reliability is the issue.

• Lake802Lake802 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 12, 2020

Greetings S4 - sorry to hear you are having service issue. Would encourage you to contact Spectrum tech support again and ask them to correct the source of those T3 and T4 errors. In many instances the sources of those errors is the segment of cable going from the modem out to the pedestal on the street.

They should be able to validate that the signal are in spec (RX, TX, SNR) and that there are no errors of any kind in the modem log. To prevent the fingerpoint that you mentioned as an understandable source of frustration, you can have them conduct the tests and verification on a Spectrum supplied modem.

Once the signals are stable and reliable , you can switch things to whatever your preferred modem of choice may be. Please let know how it goes after the service appointment.

• misterjmisterj Posts: 194 ✭✭✭✭
    Dec 12, 2020

Thanks much, S4u2KMVJfE0Lxc1zbvoT. I stick with my original recommendation. There is something funny going on in your modem. Please see if you can get an RMA. Thanks, John.

This discussion has been closed.