Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Spectrum TV App performance on Windows 10

BuckybotzBuckybotz Posts: 2 Spectator
edited January 2021 in Cloud DVR Jan 24, 2021

The spectrum app on Windows 10 seems to be an afterthought. The performance is poor. I cannot pause live TV, fast forward, or rewind. The quality often falls below 1080p, and lags during live sports. The DVR function does not work. I am getting error code WRP-4004. The Windows errors codes are not even shown on the Troubleshooting Error Codes on the Spectrum TV App & SpectrumTV.com | Spectrum Support webpage.

Given that you cannot download the Spectrum App on Roku anymore, is more effort going to be put in to have a better experience in Windows 10? It is bogus to charge customers $10 extra a month for a DVR that does not work. And it is bogus to charge for internet TV with an App that does not work well on a range of devices.

Replies

• Steph_SSteph_S Posts: 406 Moderator
    Jan 24, 2021

I am very sorry for the frustration regarding this. What Internet Browser are you using? Can you please provide the version information?

• BuckybotzBuckybotz Posts: 2 Spectator
    Jan 24, 2021

Microsoft Edge Version 88.0.705.50 (Official build) (64-bit)

and Google Chrome Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,493 ADMIN
    Jan 25, 2021

@Buckybotz,

You have a few questions here, so I will try to address all.

It sounds like you are referring to cloud DVR. At this time, cloud DVR does not give you the ability to pause, ff or rewind live tv. This is only available on a standard DVR/set top box. For picture quality, this can be a connection issue or it can be a live streaming issue. Not all programming is provided in HD.

A couple follow up questions:

1. Just to confirm, you are accessing Spectrum TV from watch.spectrum.net?
    2. When does the error code (WRP-4004) occur?
    3. When was the last time you restarted the modem on the account?

• Road_Work_AheadRoad_Work_Ahead Posts: 19 Participant
    Jan 26, 2021

I have been using the Web page version at times and sometimes it works pretty good at other times it hangs on buffering and seeking. Sometimes refreshing the browser will all me to continue. Other times I get so frustrated I just give up and try my tablet or rocu. I found different browsers have different issues. For me Firefox in the Safe Mode (Removes any add-ins that could interfere with efficient reception of data blocks ) with no other browser windows open seems to work best.

This discussion has been closed.