Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Can't send to some maine.rr.com email addresses

dazedangeldazedangel Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive Feb 09, 2021

There are several maine.rr.com email addresses that can't receive emails from me.

I have my own domain email address, I'm not using gmail or yahoo, my email address uses my websites domain.

At first I figured they mistakenly blocked me, but one of the addresses that can't receive from me is my mum and she has had me go through every setting within her email client to attempt to fix the issue.

I get the error at the bottom of this message.

Any thoughts?

I EDITED the email addresses with XXXXX

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.    

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

[email protected]

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "It's Me"] to [email protected] MTA p3plsmtpa07-09.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 47.43.26.7 -  552 , 552 5.2.0 <[email protected]> sender rejected. Please see https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/understanding-email-error-codes for more information. AUP#In-1160

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,067 ADMIN
    Feb 10, 2021

Hi and welcome !

AUP#1160 is an Acceptable Use Policy error indicating that the email being sent goes against the security policies. This is usually associated with items such as attachments or emails that fall under the definition of spam.

• dazedangeldazedangel Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 10, 2021

Yes, thank you. I got that from the Spectrum site, but since I am not sending spam and I am not send her an attachment, the error code doesn't apply.

My domain has a legitimate website with an SSL certificate.

I am emailing my mother who has a maine.rr.com address. The thing is, if she's not receiving emails from my legitimate email address, there is a good chance she's not receiving emails from clients.

I even moved my site and email to a new host and Spectrum is still giving me that error. My email server is secure and encrypted like all email servers should be. Only Spectrum is a problem. I can send emails to everyone else without an issue. So what is the problem with Spectrum?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,067 ADMIN
    Feb 10, 2021

Thanks. Attachments and spam are just possible examples. There can be other reasons. It sounds like the issue may be with her email. Are you able to successfully send her email to the @maine.rr.com domain from a different email address?

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    Feb 11, 2021

Wanted to hop in here. When you login directly to her email (not 3rd party client) do you see anything forwarded or blocked?

Julia_R

• dazedangeldazedangel Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Feb 11, 2021

She doesn't have anything forwarded or blocked.

Yesterday I figured out a way to get around Spectrum and she was able to receive an email from me. This really shouldn't be this hard.

• lunarbaby1lunarbaby1 Posts: 1
    Mar 03, 2021

Hi Dazedangel - I'm having this problem as well - very frustrating. Can you share your workaround with us?Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.