Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

How to add a bulk email sender to Spectrum's whitelist

RIverCitySpectralRIverCitySpectral Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 5 in Internet 2021 Archive May 28, 2021

Asking for a friend (really!):

She uses the Spectrum webmail client to access her email. Most of the time it works fine - EXCEPT for emails received from a local nonprofit organization (where she volunteers). Those messages are displayed as having zero content (blank space) on the screen.

I set her up with Thunderbird to access her account and all message content appears just fine there. Apparently, the webmail client is stripping out content sent just from her organization, which uses its own solution to send bulk emails. Other senders are able to get their bulk emails delivered through the webmail client, but this group's content is always removed. If I forward one of the messages from her inbox as a test using webmail, the content is still not delivered.

These messages are important to her and she would rather not be jumping back and forth to other email interfaces. (She prefers Spectrum webmail.)

Is there a solution? What do I have to do? Can I get the email sender added to Spectrum's whitelist?

Thanks, in advance.

Replies

• stanncstannc Posts: 426 ✭✭✭✭
    May 29, 2021

Have her switch to Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com, etc.

• RIverCitySpectralRIverCitySpectral Posts: 3 ✭✭
    May 29, 2021

Yeah, I appreciate the idea stannc.

She insists on sticking with Spectrum webmail b/c it’s “what she knows.” I was hoping for a hack that would bypass the overactive spam protection.

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 407 MOD
    May 29, 2021

Hello @RIverCitySpectral and thank you for your post to the Spectrum Community!

I am sorry to hear that your friend is having issues with the display of certain emails. Are these messages being marked as SPAM at all by our filters? Have you tried to go into the Settings screen of Webmail and under Filters and Blocked Senders added the email address of the sender which this is occurring on?

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

• RIverCitySpectralRIverCitySpectral Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 29 May 29, 2021

Paul_B:

No, the messages are not being tagged as Spam. The issue is that the webmail client is suppressing display of the email content. The header is visible in the Inbox listing, but when the message is opened, there appears to be nothing there.

As stated earlier, the same message viewed through another client (such as Thunderbird) displays all content.

Is there a way to make the webmail reader show what she is missing?

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭
    May 30, 2021

Hello!

I would have her try to change the settings. Perhaps changing it to show emails in plain text would do the trick.

Do you know what kind of content is in the emails? If she forwards the messages is she able to see the entire email at the destination?

She may also want to changing the option to automatically show images in emails.

Julia_R

This discussion has been closed.