Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Favorite channels only

LeRayLeRay Posts: 3 ✭✭
in Channels & Programming May 30, 2021

I just switched to Spectrum.

On my previous TV provider, I could create a favorite channel list and only these channels would appear when scrolling up and down through the channels (not using a guide).

Now on Spectrum I’ve created my favorites list and these channels show up in the guide.

However, when scrolling through the channels every channel shows up.

Is it possible to scroll through the channels (not in the guide, using the up and down key) and view only your favorite channels?

I don’t want to see every channel available.

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• Randy_TRandy_T Posts: 137 MOD
    May 31, 2021

Good morning! Great question and thank you for bringing it here. Yes, you can load the guide with only the favorites you selected. From https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/explore-spectrum-tv-app/:

That should do it. There is also a lot of other helpful information on that page via the various dropdowns.

Randy

• LeRayLeRay Posts: 3 ✭✭
    May 31, 2021

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m not asking about the guide and my favorites. That works fine.

I want to scroll through my channels using the up and down key and only see my favorites.

From what I can see, when doing this every channel is displayed.

Is there an option to view only my favorites when using the up and down key?

Thank you.

May 31, 2021

Thank you very much for clarifying and I do not believe so. You would have to go to the guide to switch quickly to another channel on your favorites list. The up and down keys will send basic signals that will only move through all of your subscribed channels in sequence to their channel numbers and not filtered.

• LeRayLeRay Posts: 3 ✭✭
    May 31, 2021

You’re welcome.

I’m sorry and surprised this isn’t an option as it was using my previous cable provider.

I hope this is an option in the future, it’s really needed.

Thanks for your help.

May 31, 2021

Absolutely and thank you for the feedback. If you ever need us, we are here to help.

This discussion has been closed.