Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Why is the Spectrum TV app not supported to install it on a Chromecast

dbunch304dbunch304 Posts: 3 ✭✭

So I recently read that the app now supports Chromecast. I googled it and sure enough the Spectrum site said it does.

So I went out and bought the Chromecast for Google TV and to my surprise you CAN NOT install the app on this device. They only support casting from another device like a phone or tablet.

I'm sorry, but I really like the selections of TV shows and how the app works. But the limited products that it supports is a joke. You support the iPhone and Apple TV. You have an android app that works on Phones and Tablets. It's very sad that spectrum does not allow the app to be installed on a Chromecast, Smart TV that runs on android or an Android TV box.

Now that Roku isn't allowing you to install the app you are really limited on devices that are not a phone or tablet.

If I could find another provider that offered the same list, I'd think about switching.

Please leave this topic open for others to comment.

And What I'd really like to know is WHY these devices are not supported. This is a forum owned and ran by Spectrum. You would think someone could give us an actual answer, instead of I'm sorry.

Thanks

Frustrated Customer, Pat

Replies

• Tyleen_ZTyleen_Z Posts: 404 MOD
    Jun 03, 2021

I apologize for any confusion. The Spectrum TV app is supported by Chromecast but not Google TV. Those are different things. Chromecast is able to be used meaning you can cast to the Chromecast from any device like a smartphone. But there is not currently an app for Google TV to be downloaded. The Chromecast with Google TV is fairly new and it may be something that is going to be available in the future we just do not have that information just yet.

-Tyleen

This discussion has been closed.