Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Need a simple remote control?

MarmaraMarmara Posts: 1
edited June 25 in TV Equipment Jun 25, 2021

I needed a simple remote control for my elderly mother and a kind agent at the Spectrum store informed me that customer support can provide a cover for the remote for a World Box. Apparently it covers up most of the buttons but allows the use of the navigation buttons, upper left power button, volume and channel buttons. My mom would press the Input or Power All buttons and couldn’t watch anything. The World Box does not work with a Universal remote, such as the EasyMote. Hopefully this will help!

Replies

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 407 MOD
    Jun 25, 2021

Hello @Marmara and welcome to the community. Did the agent order that remote cover for you? Or did you need us to go ahead and request that?

If you need us to request that, please let us know and we can gather some account information from you to get started on that request.

Paul_B

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭✭
    Jul 01, 2021

My recommendation,

Go to a Spectrum Office to exchange your remote and ask for the "Big Button" remote for seniors. It's designed for the elderly and for people with poor vision. It should work with all the boxes, including new World Boxes:

More info here:

It looks something similar to the photo here:

Satch

This discussion has been closed.