Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Moving and have to close rr email account. How can I copy or forward hundreds of email folders?

RMFRMF Posts: 2 Spectator
edited May 19 in Internet 2021 Archive Sep 01, 2021

Moving and have to close rr email account. How can I copy or forward dozens of email folders and hundreds of emails saved over many years? One forward at a time is impossible!

Richard F

Best Answer

• Julia_RJulia_R Posts: 4,661 Contributor
    Sep 02, 2021 Answer ✓

Good morning! Welcome to the Spectrum Community.

If I were in your shoes I would get Outlook. Once you pull all of the email into there you can

download those onto your computer to store if you like.

For settings for that you can check here.

Email Server Settings

Julia_R

Replies

• RMFRMF Posts: 2 Spectator
    Sep 02, 2021

I'm trying to find a means to copy or transfer dozens of email file folders from RR account to somewhere else. So far I have been told it can only be done one email at a time - that would take forever! Is there a way to do it inmas or at least large blocks at a time?

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 296 Moderator
    Sep 06, 2021

Hello RMF,

The short answer to mass migration from our email servers to another is that we do not do that. What Julia suggested is to get Outlook or some third party email client and set your account up as a POP3 account to download all your email. It would exist on your hard drive on your computer but it would be a back up. With Outlook or any of the others, you can also add your new email address as POP3 (or IMAP which for the new account I would suggest if you are going to access it from multiple devices.

You might also check with whomever you go with to do your email to see if they have suggestions.

Thanks for reaching out!

Randy

This discussion has been closed.