Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Why can't i see recordings or change channel anymore on Spectrum.net or spectrum app?

dcovertdcovert Posts: 4 Spectator

i just spent an hour on Chat unplugging, rebooting and other steps. Spectrum App on iphone as well as Spectrum.net on windows laptop will not show recordings. i have DVR with clock - Arris DCX3600.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,117 ADMIN
    Sep 20, 2021 Accepted Answer

@dcovert,

The DVR manager on the Spectrum TV app is currently unavailable on some devices and is an ongoing, known issue. The app team is working on a fix, however there is not a timeframe for when the issue will be resolved. We apologize for the frustration.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,321 Contributor
    edited September 19 Sep 19, 2021

Good Afternoon,

If the box is a new install, it will take at least 48 hours to synch with remote DVR services. If your box has the new Spectrum Guide on it, the box will not work with the apps.....yet. The engineers are working on the remote DVR app functionality for Spectrum Guide.

You should still be able to go to Spectrum TV.com and program your DVR remotely regardless of guide or box type after 48 hours have passed.from the time the box was installed.

Satch

• dcovertdcovert Posts: 4 Spectator
    Sep 19, 2021

I’ve had the box for quite a while maybe a couple of years. The app just stopped working.

edited September 19 Sep 19, 2021

@dcovert ,

Since you report no changes to the cable box guide and have had the box for a couple of years, have you tried uninstalling, and than re-installing the app? That should also bring to it any updates. Than reboot your Apple device. Did that work?

Satch

Sep 19, 2021

i did as you suggested deleting and reinstalling the app on my iphone as well as rebooting. Still can see recordings or schedule. Please note that info is also not available on laptop so i don't think it is an issue with just my phone as this would affect spetrum.net access.

Sep 20, 2021

@dcovert,

Can you post a screenshot? Someone should be able to compare and see if not being able to see recordings or schedules is due to a change to the app, or an issue in your area. What is the version of your iPhone? I don't use iPhone, It seems you should be able to see a schedule and recordings.

Satch

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,117 ADMIN
    Sep 20, 2021

@dcovert,

The DVR manager on the Spectrum TV app is currently unavailable on some devices and is an ongoing, known issue. The app team is working on a fix, however there is not a timeframe for when the issue will be resolved. We apologize for the frustration.

Oct 05, 2021

It only took Soectrum two weeks but they finally fixed the app. Can I get another survey like I got in August when I said the service was good?

• Randy_SRandy_S Posts: 152 Moderator
    Oct 05, 2021

Good morning, @dcovert !

The links that are sent expire but I will private message you here in a few minutes to invite you to share your feedback/experience and I can pass that along to the appropriate team(s) here. Look for the message in 5-10 minutes.

Randy

This discussion has been closed.