Advanced Search Options
We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Internet drops for a few seconds every hour + a ton of uncorrectables in modem
I'm hoping someone here has ran into this before - we're having an issue where every 10-20 or so minutes our connection will completely drop for about 10 seconds (throughout the entire day) and then return - during that time VoIP calls will drop, web pages will stop loading, video conferences will break and games will disconnect you (i work from home so this is not great).
I've been running a ping & ping plotter to Google on two laptops hardwired connected directly to the router and show that whenever these drop happens my ms goes through the roof and then i start dropping 15 seconds worth of packets and then the connection comes back.
I have tried the following:
1) Had two tech visits (first said the signal strength was too high and corrected it by spooling about 100ft of extra coax cable in attic) (second would only check the signal strength and said nothing was wrong and blamed the modem)
2) Replaced modem 2x (went from Spectrum provided modem - Aris SB8200 - Orbi Docsis 3.1 modem/router combo) - issue persists across all modems
3) Replaced router with three different router (Ubiquiti UDM-Pro - Nighthawk X6 AC3200 - Orbi Router/Modem combo) - issue persists across routers.
4) Replaced all ethernet cables to verify not a cable issue
5) I have changed the default DNS to 184.108.40.206 to make sure its not something weird with DNS resolution - same outcome.
After going into the modem after a reboot within less than 14 hours i see a TON of uncorrectables which seem to not count up until the packet loss starts happening
The last tech informed me that its likely nothing will be done about the issue (since they will only use their signal tester inside to check the signal)
I feel like i've ruled out everything i can from my side?