Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.
Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

My Spectrum Tv app is asking me to “keep watching “ every 5 mins or less. How do I make this stop?

Reddmo28Reddmo28 Posts: 2 Spectator
edited October 15 in Spectrum TV for Roku Devices Oct 14, 2021

This did not start happening until a couple of days ago . My app is up to date i even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it’s still happening

Best Answer

Replies

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,117 ADMIN
    Oct 14, 2021

Hi and welcome!

To start, what device are you using to watch the Spectrum TV App and have you tried any other troubleshooting?

• Reddmo28Reddmo28 Posts: 2 Spectator
    Oct 14, 2021

Roku tv no , no i have not

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,117 ADMIN
    Oct 15, 2021

Thanks. The message is coming from a setting on the TV.

To resolve, go to the tv settings menu:

Settings >System>Advanced System Settings>Network Connection

Reset and clear the wifi, or wired, info. Restart the device, and then re-enter the network connection info.

This should solve the issue for you. If the issue continues, also check to make sure that "Bandwidth Saver" is not selected (also in settings).

This discussion has been closed.