Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Virus on network? Removal tips please

JrcullinanJrcullinan Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited May 10 in Home Networking Apr 11, 2022

Was not sure where else to put this question. I think I may have a virus on one of my network devices. I use a spectrum provided router and modem.

I work from home occasionally and I first noticed this issue last week. I initially thought it was an issue with a stuck key on the laptop but this is occurring on every PC connected to my wireless network including my desktop and 2 different laptops I have connected.

The system automatically begins typing repeated “6’s” in any search field or on any field where a password might be typed.

I have Norton and updated and ran a full scan with nothing found. This makes me believe it is related to the network router or modem. Any advice on fixing this? The security of my devices and of my work place devices are of outmost importance as I work in healthcare and deal with sensitive information. Would not allow me to upload a video of the issue but this is a screenshot of me simply attempting to change a password on my google account. It immediately began typing 6’s and will do so until I close the window.

Any input appreciated. Thank you.

Replies

• Heather_THeather_T Posts: 121 Moderator
    Apr 12, 2022

Hello @Jrcullinan and Welcome to the Community.

This sounds like there's some sort of keylogger interfering with your devices. Although our network wouldn't have access to affect things such as entering passwords, you can always exchange your modem & router at any Spectrum store or by contacting customer service and having replacement equipment shipped out to you direct.

-Heather

This discussion has been closed.