Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

When will email server be accessible again

bschul10bschul10 Posts: 5 Spectator
edited August 31 in Email Aug 11, 2022

My TWC email account has not been accessible for over a week. I have talked to two reps on the phone and each confirmed that the TWC email server is down. Each one tried to gain access on their end with no success. One even found out that his own email is not accessible. The first one even confirmed that the MAC address on my modem was correct and still no access. The only response that I got was that the software people don't tell the reps what is happening. One rep even told me to start switching over email. I have since been switching everything to a gmail account. This is pain since some of the old sites will only send confirmation links to the TWC email which I can't access. I checked on social media and there are no answers and nobody else seems to even be aware of this. Is the email server really down now for 8 days? Am I the only one? Will this be fixed? I find this to be quite frustrating.

Best Answer

• Paul_BPaul_B Posts: 577 Moderator
    Aug 11, 2022 Answer ✓

Hello @bschul10 and welcome to the Spectrum Community! I apologize you're having problems accessing your email. I am not aware of any email server issues. How do you access your mail? Do you use an email client such as Microsoft Outlook? Or are you using the website https://webmail.spectrum.net

If you are using a client, could you try the website and let me know what happens?

Thank you.

Paul_B

Replies

• bschul10bschul10 Posts: 5 Spectator
    Aug 11, 2022

Thanks for your help. I have tried every possible way to access that email address. I typically use Outlook on my home computer and it can't sign in. I also have that email set up on my iPhone's email app and it can't sign in. I have tried the website you just shared and it says that the information doesn't match. When I try to send test messages from my work email or from my gmail account it fails to deliver. When I tried to reset my email information using the Spectrum site it said that the MAC address from my modem did not match. When I called (twice) the reps (who were very helpful) could not access my email even after I gave them my password. The first rep confirmed that the MAC address was correct when I gave that to her. The second rep said that he tried to get into his own Spectrum email and could not. The second rep kept saying that the software people don't tell them anything. This just all started last Wednesday about mid morning since I was able to check that email around 7:00 am that Wednesday with my phone. Then later that morning it was nothing. Like it never existed. On a side note we still have a land phone line through Spectrum and while we can dial out it is always busy if you try to call in. Did I mention that I was frustrated?

• James_MJames_M Posts: 3,808 ADMIN
    edited August 11 Aug 11, 2022

Thanks for the reply. Have there been any recent changes to the account? How long have you had the email in question (an estimate is fine)? When was the last time you were able to access email on this account? Last, can you confirm the domain you are using (ie. @roadrunner.com, @twc.com)?

Aug 12, 2022

I have had this email account since Time Warner Cable took over our old ISP called InsightBB and then Spectrum took over after that. It has to be over ten years give or take. There have been some changes to the account which I didn't think was significant, but now that I think about it may be. About 2 months ago I went to the local Spectrum store to upgrade my internet speeds. The salesperson looked at my account and was concerned that I was paying too much. The better deal was to make my wife the primary account holder and I would just be a secondary user. We got all new equipment including the modem and a new cable box. The salesperson said we should switch back and forth every 2 years or so to keep the cheaper "new" account statis. I didn't think too much about this until now since there has been no disruption in the email service until last Wednesday that I have detailed earlier. Wednesday, 8/2/22 around 6:30 am was the last time that I was able to access the email account. The domain that is having this problem is @twc.com. If you need to know the full email address in question, or the current Gmail email address that I am switching to, then I guess you can PM me (if that is possible). Thanks for the help so far.

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 454 Moderator
    Aug 12, 2022

@bschul10, It sounds like we cancelled the account in your name and created a new account in your wife's name so that a new customer promotion could be applied. Just changing the name would not lower your rate. Since the email is tied to the internet, when internet service is removed or the account is closed the email account is deleted after a short grace period. Email can only be transferred between accounts before the grace period ends, if both accounts are under the same name, and both have the same email domain. Since the names are different and the old account is on the @twc.com domain, the email cannot transferred. If you would to continue using our email service you will need to create a new @spectrum.net email address. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Aug 12, 2022

Thanks for your help. I have to admit that I am disappointed. The sales rep was great in getting our cost down, but it would have been nice if he had warned me. Luckily, Outlook still has all of the old emails that I was saving and nothing else new can arrive. I guess I will just have to call these sites that send links to that old @twc.com address to get my email changed with them. I do have one last question. In 2 to 3 years when our price under my wife's name comes back up will that old address reactivate?

• William_MWilliam_M Posts: 454 Moderator
    Aug 12, 2022

I'm very sorry that was not explained, I can definitely forward your feedback about that representative. Once the promotion expires the current account will be billed at the standard rate for our service. The old account will not reactivate.

Aug 12, 2022

That is OK. The money he saved us is worth this hassle and it is probably best to have a web-based email account so things like this do not happen in the future. I am just glad that I was not hacked which was my first fear. Thanks for all of your help.

This discussion has been closed.