Before posting a new question, please check out our Internet / WiFi and Spectrum TV App troubleshooting pages for common issues, as well as useful information to include in your post.

Advanced Search Options

We have advanced search options to make it easier to locate posts, questions and answers on this community.
More information can be found at Advanced Search Options
If you are looking for something specific, please check if someone else has already asked or answered the same question.

Frequently Asked Questions

(Quick links to the current most searched topics)
How can I pause and rewind live TV using the Spectrum TV app?
Spectrum TV App Supported Devices

Is there nothing you can do about spam calls?

TiredofspamcallsTiredofspamcalls Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 18 in Digital Phone Sep 19, 2022

We get 20 to 30 or more a day. I had a chat with customer service where they insulted me by sending me to the help page, as if I have not already tried everything there. The ONLY thing I have not turned on is to allow only known phone numbers to contact me. This has to stop. We have resorted to pulling the phone from the wall and then asking ourselves why we have a phone that we dont plug into the wall. You are getting ready to lose a customer, it's that bad.

Replies

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,770 Contributor
    Sep 19, 2022

Hi @Tiredofspam,

Welcome to our Community! Presumably, you are talking about Spectrum Voice. You should go into your account and make sure that Call Guard is turned on (Spectrum Voice Settings.) and that feature below that to identify Spam Risk calls is also turned on Save changes.

Also, you should be able to still use Nomorobo will Spectrum Voice. Calls will be dropped after the first ring. Give it 12-24 hours to activate. Here are the instructions for setting up Nomorobo:

Good Luvk!

Satch

• alePaleP Posts: 2 Spectator
    Sep 21, 2022

Nope. Those features are ON and I get spam calls all day.

• SatchSatch Posts: 4,770 Contributor
    Sep 22, 2022

Hello @aleP

You will need to go through the set up process for Nomorobo again. When Spectrum introduced Call Guard, the "Simultaneous Ring" number that needs to be added for Nomorobo to work was de-activated. Re-run the Nomorobo set up test by following the instructions here. It should re-activate Nomorobo on your landline:

See my post and follow those instructions in this thread:

If Calls are not being dropped after the first ring, (The one ring call screening is needed to scan the call) after 24 hours of re-activating Nomorobo, you should call Spectrum, and say your Call Guard features are not working, despite being turned on in "My Account." There is no longer an option to activate Nomorobo within Spectrum "Voice Zone Settings" or through CSR assistance. This has been replaced by Call Guard. You must use the independent link above to re-activate Nomorobo for it to work again.

On Call Guard Not Working: We had a few customers that had those features turned on in Call Guard, but there was a glitch that when the CSR on the phone pulled up the account, they were actually turned off. Have the Spectrum phone rep check your account to make sure that those features are turned on in Call Guard. But first, you must reactivate Nomorobo on your line.

If you have re-run the setup activation for Nomorbo and have also contacted Spectrum to get your Call Guard working again and that is still not working, your landline security may have been breached, As a last resort, you might want to consider asking Spectrum if they could change your landline (Spectrum Voice) phone number. If they do that, you will need to add your new number to Nomorobo through their own website portal and check your Call Guard settings in "My Account." But a new Spectrum Voice landline number change would be a last resort,

Satch

This discussion has been closed.