Is there a way to bypass newest welcome screen (aka huge annoyance?

klinius
klinius Posts: 2 Spectator

Is there a way to bypass the welcome screen which forces you to press OK before viewing the selected channel?

All that has accomplished is add one more annoyance before I can press the Right Arrow and then select the Favorites filter. Which, by the way, I did see as a requested change rather than what we now have.

Tagged:

Answers

• Lyn_T
    Lyn_T Posts: 341 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

Good evening @klinius and welcome to our Community Forums.

Thank you for reaching out to us about your experience with our My Spectrum TV App on the ROKU. I am sorry you are noticing this welcome screen. Once you have initially logged in with your information you should automatically be on a Live TV channel. If this is not happening, I recommend that you uninstall the app from the ROKU and then reinstall the app to see if this helps out. -Lyn

• tjack54
    tjack54 Posts: 1 Newcomer

Having the same exact issue. Have 4 tv's with Roku and all open the same way on the Spectum app. This just started happening in the last couple of weeks. Very frustrating. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling did not help

• klinius
    klinius Posts: 2 Spectator

You are correct in that signing in once allows subsequent app starts to go directly to the live channel -- for a brief period of time.

My question is: How to Get Rid of the DARN thing permanently???

• William_M
    William_M Posts: 1,021 ✅ Verified Employee Moderator

I'm sorry, things may occasionally update or cause your cookies to be cleared and require you to sign in again. There would be no way to permanently disable it at this time.

• blackbutterfly
    blackbutterfly Posts: 24 Contributor

I totally agree that the welcome screen is an annoyance. In addition to startup it also appears every time you use the left arrow for the main menu. Instead of landing on the top row with commands, it lands on Exit To Live and you have to up arrow to get to commands. Can this be fixed?

This discussion has been closed.